Pre-Game Talk: Wings vs. Leafs 11-27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Dude...
What the ****?
You think Brendan Perlini is as established as Athanasiou?
AA has been playing with largely the same crew as Perlini.
And as much as he has disappointed
5-9-14 is better than 0-1-1
AA came into this season on a 30-24-54 season.
Perlini came in on 14-7-21.

I'm not saying Perlini will never be a player (though I can't see much suggesting he will be), but he's in no way comparable to AA.

I’m not even saying Perlini is a better player than Athanasiou. I’m saying Perlini has played minimal time with dog shit when compared to any of our top 6. You are the one who brought up AA, but you can make the same comparison to Bertuzzi or Mantha or Larkin or Fabbri or Filppula.

At the end of the day, you complain seemingly nightly about how Athanasiou doesn’t get a fair shake because of his linemates, but for Perlini you consider the same linemates, or worse linemates, an adequate opportunity to play his game? That’s the double standard you’ve established.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Not many consistent 30+ goal scorers in the league. If he were to post back to back year's with that you are looking at around 6.5 per. Unless the deal just takes him to ufa then it would be around 5-5.5 per.

You right there aren't many and AA won't be one of them either.

SP Des

Nov 27, 2019
I’m not even saying Perlini is a better player than Athanasiou. I’m saying Perlini has played minimal time with dog **** when compared to any of our top 6. You are the one who brought up AA, but you can make the same comparison to Bertuzzi or Mantha or Larkin or Fabbri or Filppula.

At the end of the day, you complain seemingly nightly about how Athanasiou doesn’t get a fair shake because of his linemates, but for Perlini you consider the same linemates, or worse linemates, an adequate opportunity to play his game? That’s the double standard you’ve established.
Hen totally agree
At the moment on those lines Perlini might get lucky with a half chance but probably not if he stays where he has been put.
Believe me if he could be with other elite players with time on the rink in time he would score plenty but he would need to get his confidence up and his head right. Upside he could be an elite scorer but probably only if he gets that chance which at the moment seems unlikely

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I’m not even saying Perlini is a better player than Athanasiou. I’m saying Perlini has played minimal time with dog **** when compared to any of our top 6. You are the one who brought up AA, but you can make the same comparison to Bertuzzi or Mantha or Larkin or Fabbri or Filppula.

AA's top 3 linemates
Flip 194 minutes
Glendening 75 minutes
Fabbri 75 minutes

Perlini
Nielsen 81 minute
Hirose 63 minutes
Ernie 32 minutes

Are we really saying AA has a HUGE advantage?

Outside of AA, the entire wings bottom 9 is bottom 6/bottom 3 material

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
AA's top 3 linemates
Flip 194 minutes
Glendening 75 minutes
Fabbri 75 minutes

Perlini
Nielsen 81 minute
Hirose 63 minutes
Ernie 32 minutes

I know you're not talking to me, but I'd have to disagree on Fabbri, and give Perlini and Hirose an Incomplete.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
AA's top 3 linemates
Flip 194 minutes
Glendening 75 minutes
Fabbri 75 minutes

Perlini
Nielsen 81 minute
Hirose 63 minutes
Ernie 32 minutes

The mere fact that you are trying to justify how Fabbri+Filppula+Glendening somehow is not substantially better than Hirose+Erne+Nielsen is all anyone needs to see to see how jaded, twisted, and unreasonable you are when it comes to Athanasiou.

Reactions: odin1981

SP Des

Nov 27, 2019
AA's top 3 linemates
Flip 194 minutes
Glendening 75 minutes
Fabbri 75 minutes

Perlini
Nielsen 81 minute
Hirose 63 minutes
Ernie 32 minutes

Nothing against AA
Watch these and you wonder what Perlini is doing on the bottom 6
But never started in the top 6? Just a question when we need offence

Brendan Perlini Goal vs CBJ 01-25-18
Brendan Perlini (#11) 2018-19 Goals
Brendan Perlini Goal vs LAK November 24, 2017
Etc etc
Just saying doesn’t make sense and that’s not decrying AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad