Pre-Game Talk: Wings vs Flyers

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I want Jurco in the lineup. But for Richards. Whatever.

Smith being benched is ridiculous. Needs to be traded.

Blashill keeps declining to comment about it. It makes me think it's personal.

It really bums me out. Especially against a physical team like Philly, he should be in.

He's gonna have a ton of trade value being scratched for the last 10 games of the year or so. Maybe even the playoffs too.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Blashill keeps declining to comment about it. It makes me think it's personal.

It really bums me out. Especially against a physical team like Philly, he should be in.

He's gonna have a ton of trade value being scratched for the last 10 games of the year or so. Maybe even the playoffs too.

I really hope Blash get's over his issue with Smitty if they make it. Smith has brought his A game to the post season the last couple of years, they could use him more than Marchy and Rig if they make it.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I really hope Blash get's over his issue with Smitty if they make it. Smith has brought his A game to the post season the last couple of years, they could use him more than Marchy and Rig if they make it.

We are winning recently. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
As already mentioned by others, the move makes sense and it doesn't. Jurco should be in playing on fourth line. Mantha (imo) should be in playing on second line. Now that baseball season has started I'm ready for this season to be over.

And as I've mentioned previously, a multi-year veteran who isn't stinking up the joint (yes, arguably...10 G, 17 A, 27 P, +3 just doesn't qualify as total **** unless we're talking about the Capitals here) isn't going to be benched in favor of someone who just got called up a month or so ago.

exactly.. infact things have gotten even worse. The list of players being complained about encompass the entire team now. No one is same.

Zetterberg is a 3rd line bum now.
Datsyuk is a disloyal jerk for retiring to russia
etc etc etc

Basically if you 19 yrs old you should be on the top line getting 20 min a night. (or in your rookie season)
Else.. management should trade you or behead you!

Right, or else management should be the ones getting beheaded, Holland at the top of the list! :sarcasm:

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
We are winning recently. If it is not broke, don't fix it.

Yeah, what is it with all this "Blash hates Smitty" talk of late, haven't all these guys played for Blash in the past??? Why on earth would a) Blash have a personal issue with anyone, and b) act so unprofessionally as to make the entire team suffer, if Smith was playing so great??

Aug 6, 2012
I'm obviously not a Richards fan but I have a hard time justifying him being benched after his productive game in Toronto on Saturday.

It's nice to see Jurco in the lineup, but not at the expense of Mantha. He'll probably get around 8 minutes of ice time so I can't be too upset

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Mantha -6 in 10 games doesn't work in Philly. Good move to Jurco in my opinion. Philly will goon it up tonight as will their fans, the worst in the NHL.

NumberFive

Too much negativity.
Mar 27, 2007
If Richards scores a hat trick, Blash'll be called a genius.

Yeah, yeah, I know...only 1 career hat trick, 2012-13, he's become exponentially older since then... :laugh:

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
The longer Smith sits the more his legend just continues to grow and grow. Sooner or later he'll be talked about as actually being a good player. If he's traded this summer he would have been a potential Norris candidate. It's entertaining reading posts pining for a decidedly below average d-man to get in the line-up.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I am guessing Smith is in the doghouse for something? Defense is not demonstrably better without him and he is a decent puck mover

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I wouldn't pull Mantha out against Philly, think the matchup suits him. But considering back to backs it could be a rotation going on.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
smith has now been in the doghouse for two different coaches. at some point you have to start blaming the player, not the coach

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Do people really think Blash sees Smith as a superior player but is scratching him for a personal vendetta?....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad