Pre-Game Talk: Wings vs Flyers

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Do people really think Blash sees Smith as a superior player but is scratching him for a personal vendetta?....

I think Blash thinks Marchy is the safer player to play. We all know Smith won't replace any other d man because Swedish Mafia. So that only leaves Smith vs Marchy.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Don't mind Jurco being in for Mantha, I think Jurco should have rotated in with him and AA more. Hopefully they put Mantha back in tomorrow to get some fresh legs, Mantha also helps our PP (part of why it's been so succesful lately).

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
smith has now been in the doghouse for two different coaches. at some point you have to start blaming the player, not the coach
But does it count if the 2nd coach is just a mini-me of the first?

These lines lately have just been the worst. I know we're all outraged over Pavel's linemates and Smith but I can't believe that first line hasn't been broken up yet. Abby - Z - Larkin have been absolutely BRUTAL on EV. Winning in spite of the coaching staff. :help:

In other news I can't wait for the game to start. Every game I'm hoping it's the night Hank turns back the clock and goes on a goal scoring run.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Don't mind Jurco being in for Mantha, I think Jurco should have rotated in with him and AA more. Hopefully they put Mantha back in tomorrow to get some fresh legs, Mantha also helps our PP (part of why it's been so succesful lately).

If Mantha isn't going to play, he should be sent down. Blashill should have never said 'he's up here long term' if he's going to be benched or wasn't ready.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
The longer Smith sits the more his legend just continues to grow and grow. Sooner or later he'll be talked about as actually being a good player. If he's traded this summer he would have been a potential Norris candidate. It's entertaining reading posts pining for a decidedly below average d-man to get in the line-up.
THISSSS

He actually got called a decent puck mover right after this. Has he ever completed a breakout pass? The second he gets ice time again we'll be right back to demanding another shiny unknown with "potential" plays over him

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Do people really think Blash sees Smith as a superior player but is scratching him for a personal vendetta?....

:laugh: Personal vendetta? How dramatic. No, I don't think Smith is pulling a Shanahan in the locker room, playing homewrecker. But do I think there might be some contention between Smith and Blashill, warranted or not? Sure.

For real - where am I? Is this just because the Wings organization is as tight-lipped as the free masons? Players getting benched because a coach doesn't like their attitude, off-ice character, ill-advised comments in the locker-room or the coaches' office happens all the time in the NHL. Other organizations just actually bring it to light, unlike the Wings.

Marchenko has been a minus player his last 3 games and made a ghastly error against Montreal. Ericsson is -8 or his past 5 games. I'd understand keeping Smith on the bench if either of these guys were playing their game - you know, being good at defense - but they aren't. I'd have more faith in this alleged meritocracy on defense if Ericsson got a "maintenance day" after he went -4.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If Mantha isn't going to play, he should be sent down. Blashill should have never said 'he's up here long term' if he's going to be benched or wasn't ready.

He should've been benched the second he started playing 7 minutes a game, about a week ago. At least Jurco has experience doing that.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
THISSSS

He actually got called a decent puck mover right after this. Has he ever completed a breakout pass? The second he gets ice time again we'll be right back to demanding another shiny unknown with "potential" plays over him

No, Smith has never completed a breakout pass.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
THISSSS

Basically he's (along with Kronwall and Green) the only player who isn't completely inept when it comes to moving the puck. He isn't the savior, but atleast he isn't a pylon. Problem is all these guys are just average at this while being poor in their own end. It's a mess. Meanwhile Q and E (I guess??) are solid in their own end but atrocious offensively. I'm leaving DD out of this because he's exactly as advertised. A true number 1 D would mask a lot of these issues, but when you don't have one the shortcomings of a bunch of 3s-6s really hurt. You can have a solid defensive corps without a 1st D... it can be done, but not with our group.

Last edited:

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
CfXHtclXIAAdoX_.jpg

Stole this from flyers GDT

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
IMO the players being scratched are proof that letting the UFA's walk is a must.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
THISSSS

No, he's never completed a breakout pass in all his time here.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well it's here. I cannot fathom how important these games are for our guys. I hope they know this game and tomorrow's game are the most important of their lives, especially our young guys. They need to focus on 1 game at a time. No nervousness. Nervousness is for *******. Let's go boys! Let's do this.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

Yeah Jurco is ok. It's a wash at this point. I just hate our d pairings. Why does Blash keep Green on the 3rd pair. He needs to play in top 4. Put Marchy down there.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Didn't even know he was a Wings fan.

Wikipedia:
Early life
Yeun was born in Seoul, South Korea to South Korean parents Je and June Yeun.[1] His father was an architect in South Korea[2] before moving his family to Regina, Saskatchewan and later to Michigan.[3] Yeun was raised in Troy, Michigan in a Christian household.[4][5][6] His parents owned two beauty supply stores in Detroit.[5] Yeun received a bachelor's degree in psychology with a concentration in neuroscience[1] from Kalamazoo College in 2005.[5]He wanted to be an actor rather than a doctor or lawyer as his parents had wanted. His parents decided to give him 2 years to show his talent. At Kalamazoo, he met Jordan Klepper through Klepper's sister and later followed him to Chicago to join Second City.[1]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad