Pre-Game Talk: Wings vs Flyers

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
The Flyers shouldn't mess with Glenn. Everybody should be aware that he got Deus Ex Machina on his side. Thus, Flyers jinxed their own game.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I think we need to win today. We always have trouble against Boston. I don't mind the Mantha/Jurco decision. I like Jurco better against the Flyers.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Lol...of course helm-datsyuk-richards is a line in the biggest game of the year. That line has never worked. I would love to find stats on the production of that line this season. They have probably been together half the year, and have scored maybe 15 goals as a unit, prolly less. Blashill is the most stubborn coach out there.

Also Mantha out is laughable. This guy is panicking and had no clue what he's doing.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lol...of course helm-datsyuk-richards is a line in the biggest game of the year. That line has never worked. I would love to find stats on the production of that line this season. They have probably been together half the year, and have scored maybe 15 goals as a unit, prolly less. Blashill is the most stubborn coach out there.

Also Mantha out is laughable. This guy is panicking and had no clue what he's doing.

They weren't bad last game.

Everyone needs to chill. Mantha has played 13 minutes in our last 2 games. I know it's not all about points, but Richards had 2 last game and Mantha has 3 in 10.

You are the one panicking.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
They weren't bad last game.

Everyone needs to chill. Mantha has played 13 minutes in our last 2 games. I know it's not all about points, but Richards had 2 last game and Mantha has 3 in 10.

You are the one panicking.

I'm not really sure how mentioning Mantha's ice time is supposed to help your argument. That is helping my argument. He needs more than 6 minutes per game in order to produce. Also, the fact that he has 3 pts in 10 games with limited ice time is not terrible. He had many chances in the games where he was playing 13+ minutes. Then all of a sudden he drops him to 6 minutes per game in favor of a washed up Richards. I love Helm, but he's a 4th liner. AT BEST a 3rd liner. It's laughable to have a 3rd/4th line grinder and a washed up, slow player playing with our most talented player, and then having Mantha out of the lineup.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'm not really sure how mentioning Mantha's ice time is supposed to help your argument. That is helping my argument. He needs more than 6 minutes per game in order to produce. Also, the fact that he has 3 pts in 10 games with limited ice time is not terrible. He had many chances in the games where he was playing 13+ minutes. Then all of a sudden he drops him to 6 minutes per game in favor of a washed up Richards. I love Helm, but he's a 4th liner. AT BEST a 3rd liner. It's laughable to have a 3rd/4th line grinder and a washed up, slow player playing with our most talented player, and then having Mantha out of the lineup.

You say he drops his ice time to six for washed up Richards, when last game washed up Richards put up a goal and an assist in "Mantha's dropped ice time"

I'd rather Mantha be in the lineup and get more minutes, but in a crucial game this organization is going to take the guy who has 2 cups and a Conn Smythe over the kid with 10 games in his career. Hell that's why Jurco is in over him to begin with. If you expect different than that, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
You say he drops his ice time to six for washed up Richards, when last game washed up Richards put up a goal and an assist in "Mantha's dropped ice time"

I'd rather Mantha be in the lineup and get more minutes, but in a crucial game this organization is going to take the guy who has 2 cups and a Conn Smythe over the kid with 10 games in his career. Hell that's why Jurco is in over him to begin with. If you expect different than that, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

Well if you expect a win with these garbage lines, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

Blashill has made questionable decision after questionable decision all season long. I get that Richards has experience, and is clutch. So fine, keep him there. But if you're gonna put Richards there then don't play Datsyuk and Richards with Darren Helm. Helm can't finish. Again, I love Darren Helm...as a 3rd liner. He has no business being in the top 6 over so many other players on this team.

If Blashill needs Richards on the 2nd line for experience, at least give them AA on the other Wing. AA is every bit as fast as Helm (prolly faster), and has better hands, and a better shot, and better awareness. AA is better suited for the 2nd line.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Happy for Jurco in for Mantha. As Blashill said, we need speed and Mantha has none. Jurco will create pressure.

Agreed. Jurco is by far the better player for that 4th line spot.

Although if Mantha keeps getting scratched then the organization made a huge mistake calling him up (especially involving a kid that needs confidence)

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Well if you expect a win with these garbage lines, you're going to be disappointed a lot.

Blashill has made questionable decision after questionable decision all season long. I get that Richards has experience, and is clutch. So fine, keep him there. But if you're gonna put Richards there then don't play Datsyuk and Richards with Darren Helm. Helm can't finish. Again, I love Darren Helm...as a 3rd liner. He has no business being in the top 6 over so many other players on this team.

If Blashill needs Richards on the 2nd line for experience, at least give them AA on the other Wing. AA is every bit as fast as Helm (prolly faster), and has better hands, and a better shot, and better awareness. AA is better suited for the 2nd line.

Yes Blash has made questionable moves regarding that second line, but we should give him the benefit of the doubt if we keep winning. (That's what matters now)

AA is not better suited on the 2nd line. He would tire out and most likely make a lot of mental errors. There is a reason he his playing 3rd/4th line minutes. Sometimes you guys got to have trust in the coaching staff that has been around these players every day.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

If I had it my way we would have Richards on the 4th, but I'm not going to call it a loss because he's on the second line.
The lines would actually look completely different if I had it my way, every single one - I hate all 4 lines. I wouldn't suggest doing it for this game though, sometimes you gotta go with familiarity.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Yes Blash has made questionable moves regarding that second line, but we should give him the benefit of the doubt if we keep winning. (That's what matters now)

AA is not better suited on the 2nd line. He would tire out and most likely make a lot of mental errors. There is a reason he his playing 3rd/4th line minutes. Sometimes you guys got to have trust in the coaching staff that has been around these players every day.

So you're telling me AA's conditioning is an issue? Where did you get that information? He played top 6 minutes in Junior and was fine. He played top 6 minutes in the A and was fine. What makes you think AA can't handle 12-14 minutes of ice time? I;m not saying ride him for 20+ minutes, but I'd rather have AA play 12-14 mins, then have Helm play 15 and AA 6.

These are professinal athletes. I play beer league hockey, and I could handle 20 minutes of high-tempo cardio in a 2 and a half hour span, so AA, who is a pro, and works out daily (I hope) shouldn't have an issue with "tiring out".

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
If I had it my way we would have Richards on the 4th, but I'm not going to call it a loss because he's on the second line.
The lines would actually look completely different if I had it my way, every single one - I hate all 4 lines. I wouldn't suggest doing it for this game though, sometimes you gotta go with familiarity.

Fair enough, that's a valid point, I guess we'll have to see. I hope I'm wrong.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Can anyone explain this to an old man such as myself?

Steven Yeun is an actor on a show and his character's fate is currently unknown. It is believed he had his head smashed in with a baseball bat named Lucille.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad