GDT: Wings @ vegas 10:00 pm et 3/23/19

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I’d rather just keep Bert with AA who’s flying atm. It’s either AA or Larkin atm. I’d rather let AA have the groove while still learning center. Better for him considering Larkin will eventually bounce back anyways.
I'm conflicted between letting AA play more center and putting him on Larkin's wing with Bert and let them both hit 30 goals. With this personnel, I'd personally go with option #2.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I'm conflicted between letting AA play more center and putting him on Larkin's wing with Bert and let them both hit 30 goals. With this personnel, I'd personally go with option #2.

I think AA has improved. He’s still a better winger but at least he’ll have experience for center in the future in case of injuries. Though I don’t see him as center in the future, it’s fine for him to be there atm.

I think in the long run it’ll make him a better player

Though if you put him a Larkin’s wing, it ruins the scoring depth. I mean, we can say who cares we suck, but I think it’s more of a pride thing and trying to optimize as much scoring to win as possible

Reactions: lilidk

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I think AA has improved. He’s still a better winger but at least he’ll have experience for center in the future in case of injuries. Though I don’t see him as center in the future, it’s fine for him to be there atm.

I think in the long run it’ll make him a better player
You're probably right, but I still hate the optics of that second line :help:

Reactions: KJoe88

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
The moment you Wings fans wanted Nyquist traded this is what happens. Decreased scoring. And on top of all that Larkin is struggling not because of “mentally ill” Mantha, who despite all of the trash he gets and being injured for a month still has nearly 20G on the season. (Yes, he’s inconsistent but you put his ass with Larkin), but it’s due to Larkin clearly not being 100%

Larkin is the 1st line no matter who’s with him. Mantha is fine, but if you stick Bertuzzi up with them then it further decreases scoring dept. “only for a couple shifts” - what’s the purpose?

C’mon, common sense. Posts like these are baffling
Bertuzzi With AA has more chemistry than with Larkin . Now , Vanek is the most skilled player on the team , Hirosy could be the highest hockey iq o the team . Why not to try those two with Larkin , the hardest working man on team just for couple of shifts?

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Normally I would agree with you, but we're talking about sticking Helm on the first line and moving Bert to a line with AA as the center and LGD as the other wing ... Realistically, how much scoring do you expect out of a line like that? With Bert up on the first at least it gives us two lines worth watching. In general, I'm firmly against breaking up lines that show good chemistry. It's just counterproductive.
Very counterproductive.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That second line is such an eye sore. Bert needs to be with Larkin for the rest of the season. I don't even see the reasoning behind breaking up a line that appeared to have so much chemistry not so long ago.
Honestly if we score a goal this game it will come from second line

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You guys are funny

titanic-deck-chairs.jpg

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Blashill said AA is center for the rest of the year period. The reason for this is so he can focus on adjusting while still being an offensive threat because he doesn't have to worry as much about f***ing up and being moved back to the wing.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I would do this:
Bert-Larkin-AA
Peumpel-Helm-Mantha
Vanek-Nielsen-Hirose
LGD/Ehn-Kuffner

That way you get a dynamic first line, a third line that's been interesting for the two games it's been together, an effective fourth line and a second line that you can use for experimentation and rotating players. I'd like to see what Peumpel has to offer since he's been doing so well in the AHL.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I wanted to drive up to Vegas for this but tickets in the upper bowl were well over $100 a few days back. Tickets are getting more expensive as game time gets closer. Ticket situation in Vegas is nuts.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
The two teams above us plus Ottawa get the dub, LA yet to play. Looking to be a good night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad