Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Weiss 5 yrs 4.9m/yr (Conf Post #197 & #1 Updated))

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
If he's still asking for $6 million and 5 years?

Just, no. Please. Do not do this. We have this guy in the minors already; his name is Landon Ferraro and he'll be up next season.

I'd rather just move Franzen back to center, split up Pav and Hank or just keep Emmerton on the 4th line.

Weiss was ONLY attractive when we thought he'd be cheap and short term. If Holland dumps 5 years into this guy at anywhere NEAR 5 million; I will literally lose my.... yeah.

Ugh. Repeat: do not want for more than 2 years at 4 million. Do not care what market is willing to pay; let market overpay for midget in his 30's.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 31s
Wings think they'll get Weiss, but are concerned Blues might outbid them in the end.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
I want Weiss just for the fact that we won't have cap space to sign Cleary once we get him.

1st Line Interloper

Will Drop the Gloves
May 4, 2013

Just, no. Please. Do not do this. We have this guy in the minors already; his name is Landon Ferraro and he'll be up next season.

I'm sorry but Landon Ferraro's ceiling is nowhere even close to what Stephen Weiss is. Ferraro is a bottom 6 upside where Weiss is a jack of all trades #2 center.

If he's asking for that though, I don't want him.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
the fact that they're scared of getting outbit at least gives me some hope that it won't be ridiculous money.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
It's weird that Weiss' list is narrowed down to STL and DET.

One is in west and one is in east. Two play different style of game.

Unless it's just money.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I'd rather just move Franzen back to center, split up Pav and Hank or just keep Emmerton on the 4th line.

Weiss was ONLY attractive when we thought he'd be cheap and short term. If Holland dumps 5 years into this guy at anywhere NEAR 5 million; I will literally lose my.... yeah.

Ugh. Repeat: do not want for more than 2 years at 4 million. Do not care what market is willing to pay; let market overpay for midget in his 30's.

Weiss is a good player and I guess Zetterberg and Datsyuk are midgets. Amazed at how much hate Weiss gets, especially because I lived in Florida for a year watching pretty much every Panthers game and on a lot of nights he was the best player on the ice, not just the Panthers the entire ice.

Prepare to:

eating_crow.jpg

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 1m
Wings think they'll get Weiss, but are concerned Blues might outbid them in the end.

:laugh: Gotta love how Ken Holland is never responsible for reeling guys in. Always crazy teams offering guys crazy money. Fantastic bit of posturing there. Please just do your job and sign the guy. :shakehead

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
If we sign Weiss, the Alfredsson dealis GENIS.

Z/Pav/Alfie
Franzen/Weiss/Nyquist
Tatar/Helm/Bert
Abby/Andersson/Miller

Those top 2 lines are probabl 2 of the most competitive lines in hockey.

You can split up Z and Pav too

Z/Weiss/Franzen
Alfie/Pav/Nyquist

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Weiss is a good player and I guess Zetterberg and Datsyuk are midgets. Amazed at how much hate Weiss gets, especially because I lived in Florida for a year watching pretty much every Panthers game and on a lot of nights he was the best player on the ice, not just the Panthers the entire ice.

Prepare to:

eating_crow.jpg

Look, I wanted him at the right price. I don't think he sucks but I have no interest in the kind of money they were talking yesterday.

If he signs for 2 years? I'll make a ****ing Crow pie. If he signs for 5? I don't care HOW good he is next year, that's a terrible deal yo.

I don't hate Weiss. Don't lump me in with everyone else because I don't want to sign the guy like he's a tier 1 FA when he isn't.

And yes. Pavel is a midget.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
Look, I wanted him at the right price. I don't think he sucks but I have no interest in the kind of money they were talking yesterday.

If he signs for 2 years? I'll make a ****ing Crow pie. If he signs for 5? I don't care HOW good he is next year, that's a terrible deal yo.

I don't hate Weiss. Don't lump me in with everyone else because I don't want to sign the guy like he's a tier 1 FA when he isn't.

And yes. Pavel is a midget.

Just calm down until we see what he's is signed for...

OPLGfpY.gif

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
If we sign Weiss, the Alfredsson dealis GENIS.

Z/Pav/Alfie
Franzen/Weiss/Nyquist
Tatar/Helm/Bert
Abby/Andersson/Miller

Those top 2 lines are probabl 2 of the most competitive lines in hockey.

You can split up Z and Pav too

Z/Weiss/Franzen
Alfie/Pav/Nyquist

Yep, our top 6 goes from meh to very good. Still not out of the woods on a Weiss deal just yet tho.

7r4n

Catsyuk has Dangles
Apr 19, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 53s

DET closing in on Stephen Weiss.

Well then...

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
Just calm down until we see what he's is signed for...

OPLGfpY.gif

I want to get that joke, I really do. However... I don't watch that series of insipid movies. I know who she is, I just don't know the situation at all.

Don't tell people to calm down. It really never works. Ever, in life, over really anything. All it does is make them reply all snippy. Like this.

I was just telling TZE that he wasn't understanding me/or was mischaracterizing my statements. I'm from Detroit, swearing just means excited to us. Not necessarily mad.

Drunk Larry Murphy

Apr 12, 2012
I don't think Weiss' cap hit is going to be bigger than what Ribeiro or Horton got, regardless of what he asked for.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
I want to get that joke, I really do. However... I don't watch that series of insipid movies. I know who she is, I just don't know the situation at all.

Don't tell people to calm down. It really never works. Ever, in life, over really anything. All it does is make them reply all snippy. Like this.

I was just telling TZE that he wasn't understanding me/or was mischaracterizing my statements. I'm from Detroit, swearing just means excited to us. Not necessarily mad.

Wow, you really are worked up. I've never watched the movies myself, I just thought the reaction was funny.

This is a situation where you have no control, and the guy isn't even signed.

tumblr_lepk26je361qf9jkto1_250.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad