Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Weiss 5 yrs 4.9m/yr (Conf Post #197 & #1 Updated))

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
As a guy who has been critical of Holland I think both Alfredsson and Weis are solid moves. We still need to trim away the deadwood (Bert, Sammy, possibly Helm if his back is shot) so that we have a solid mix of youth and vets.

Still need a #1 d-man but we aren't getting one after passing on J-Bo. Defense by committee will need to be the gameplan until one of our prospects proves he can be a top pairing guy.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
If they end up signing Weiss…

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist
Bertuzzi-Helm-Abdelkader
Tatar-Andersson-Miller
Eaves/Samuelsson/Emmerton

I like it.

Wolverine Wings

#thankyoubasedgod
Feb 27, 2012
Detroit
We've needed top 6 scorers and both Weis and Alfredsson address that need. Not super sexy, but a Ken Holland special: address a need in a very economical manner. I hope this means Bert and Sammy are done here.

Wouldn't surprise me if the LTIR both of them at this point.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Brian Lawton ‏@brianlawton9 1m

Hearing Fillpula turned down quite a while ago 4.75 for 7 years.....don't think that gets beat today in the UFA market. #NOLOOKINGBACK

Has to have been a Detroit offer if it was awhile ago.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Other teams are hot after Weiss - I bet it's going to be an ugly contract for a guy coming off a severe wrist injury.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
If its a shorter term I wont hate it.

Z, Datsyuk, Alfie
Fraznen, Weiss, Nyquist
Tatar, Helm, Abby
Miller, Andersson, Eaves

Thats pretty good.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
As a guy who has been critical of Holland I think both Alfredsson and Weis are solid moves. We still need to trim away the deadwood (Bert, Sammy, possibly Helm if his back is shot) so that we have a solid mix of youth and vets.

Still need a #1 d-man but we aren't getting one after passing on J-Bo. Defense by committee will need to be the gameplan until one of our prospects proves he can be a top pairing guy.

If they come out today with Weiss and Alfie today, Holland has done his job. Alfie is a quality signing in a horrible UFA market.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Weiss is a lot better than Flip. Florida has been mostly terrible since he's been there, look at what they've done to talent over the years. He's worth a shot at a reasonable term and cost.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00