Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Weiss 5 yrs 4.9m/yr (Conf Post #197 & #1 Updated))

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
And then he went on to to produce at a much greater rate with weaker teams.

Weiss will probably get about similar ice-time with the Wings, much lower than the 20 mins he is used to.

That won't necessarily make it a bad signing, though (and I know you're not saying it would). I just see a lot of back and forth about how Weiss will produce, and it's not necessarily going to be indicative of how well he plays. I guess I'm preparing for the barrage of "he sucks!" comments if he puts up *just* 50 points this year.

At the same time, I think Weiss will see a larger role than Whitney did, if for nothing else than he's a center and all indications are the Wings want Z&D on the top line.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
90 doesn't seem like a very weiss number

How so, he wore #9 his whole career including juniors. Cannot wear Howe's number, can't just tack on a 1 because that is Stevie's number. Same situation as Modano who put on #90. Feel for Tatar, because I think that #90 is his preferred number. Wonder if flipping the #9 is still not an option. The Wings don't give out Aurie's number but they have been quite adamant that he doesn't deserve special treatment but it seems they still are going to continue protecting his number.

we like our team*

How so, he wore #9 his whole career including juniors. Cannot wear Howe's number, can't just tack on a 1 because that is Stevie's number. Same situation as Modano who put on #90. Feel for Tatar, because I think that #90 is his preferred number. Wonder if flipping the #9 is still not an option. The Wings don't give out Aurie's number but they have been quite adamant that he doesn't deserve special treatment but it seems they still are going to continue protecting his number.

i just don't think it fits aesthetically

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Would've liked him to be 81 ... 9 9s... Btw, I'm turning into a closet Wings fan. I'm a huge Weiss fan, so you'll see me around.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Personally I think any # in the 90's looks good.

Used to really like #95, I wish someone would bring it back.

95-aleksey-morozov.jpg

The only thing that I don't like about #90 is that Modano wore it.

I think it would have been pretty sweet for Tatar though, not gonna lie. Hope he wears something in the or 80's'.

crashman

I watched pretty much every video clip I could find of Weiss from the past 3 years, and I think he's going to be really good in Detroit. He's a shoot-first guy that's not afraid to go to the net. I actually think he's similar to Zetterberg in some ways, he's just not nearly as strong on the puck as Z (and not as good defensively), but it seems like he has a better shot than Z.

The injured wrist is a bit of a concern, but you have to believe the Wings management made sure it wasn't a big issue before committing all this money to him.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
I wonder how much impact a NTC/NMC has in negociations?

Can it be the difference between player accepting a 4.9M Anual Average salary instead of... 5.5M?

Or does some player need the NTC/NMC to even consider signing with the team at all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad