Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Weiss 5 yrs 4.9m/yr (Conf Post #197 & #1 Updated))

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
Stinks you guys aren't still in the West.. I'm gonna have a soft spot for you. You guys will love him, he will be so clutch for you.. Not having to be the go to guy anymore is gonna be huge for him.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I've been watching as much video of him as I can, and I like this signing. He seems to have good speed, quality hands, and is a bit of an opportunistic scorer around the net. Doesn't seem to have a lot of fear with regard to cutting to the net.

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
I'm alright with this signing. Currently, comparing Flip and Weiss looks like a wash. Similar size, similar ppg, but again, look where Weiss is coming from. Top that with Alfie clearly upgrading our top 6 from much of last year.

My view:
Flip -- Weiss
Cleary <Alfredsson
Brunner ??

Worst case, Brunner is more or less a wash with Nyquist or Tatar. Best case, Brunner signs here closes to Kenny's value than his own.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
and i thought holland is undisclosed dead since 4 years.
at least he is trying this year.
get rid of abdelkader and cleary in the top 6 is a huge step forward.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 8 min
Babcock thinks Weiss will give Detroit more offense than Filppula. He thinks he can play Datsyuk and Zetterberg together more often.

BOOM. Good to see Holland give Babs what he needs to get us to the next level. I am a Fil fan but he didn't take that next step and was not a legit 2C center.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Big fan of this signing. Looking forward to the 13-14 season already :)

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
What about #91? ;)

90 is the worst jersey number IMO. Looks awful.

I think 91 is back in circulation now, it wouldn't be too weird to see him wear it. But I'm not sure he's the kind of guy who wants to be associated with "Federov's old number".

That'd take some stones.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
If you told Flip and Weiss to race end to end I don't know who would win, but Weiss is more than willing to use his speed to drive to the net--something Flip NEVER does. Weiss can play a patient game and slow things down to make a play as well. He should do well here.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Weiss has a pretty darn good shot. As does Alfie. Those two add way more shooting potential than we rolled out last year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Which number will this dude wear in Detroit? 9, 19, 99 are off limits... so hmm

99 should not be off-limits, one of the dumbest things in the NHL. Honestly as a kid that grew up in Detroit I would request that number over the insult that they can retire Gretzky's number for the entire league, bothers the hell out of me. If you couldn't do it for a guy named Mr. Hockey it shouldn't be done and in my opinion it was correctly not done in the first go round.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think 91 is back in circulation now, it wouldn't be too weird to see him wear it. But I'm not sure he's the kind of guy who wants to be associated with "Federov's old number".

That'd take some stones.

You have just been given an extra rookie month for the spelling of Fedorov's name.

tumblr_lgnmivB4271qdk87d.gif

I think his willingness to come to the Winter Classic was going to be a big step. Has kept his home in the area all these years. Really hope they patch things up and he can still come back over for this years Winter Classic Alumni game.

SportsballChic

Jun 18, 2013
Toronto
You have just been given an extra rookie month for the spelling of Fedorov's name.

tumblr_lgnmivB4271qdk87d.gif

I think his willingness to come to the Winter Classic was going to be a big step. Has kept his home in the area all these years. Really hope they patch things up and he can still come back over for this years Winter Classic Alumni game.

lol. my bad. I assure you, I was a big fan. Just a typo. Took me a long time to understand why he held out; but I think I did by the time I got older.

I personally will always consider him "one of us"; but a lot of older fans I know won't get over that "holding out crap".

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
weiss is very good defensively, can score, can pass. he's pretty much the ideal 2C except not increadible point output (probably ~60 for you guys), he was called "the next yzerman" when he was drafted, never developed the offensive game enough though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
weiss is very good defensively, can score, can pass. he's pretty much the ideal 2C except not increadible point output (probably ~60 for you guys), he was called "the next yzerman" when he was drafted, never developed the offensive game enough though.

Thanks for the feedback.

How are Florida fans taking the Weiss departure?

Seems like the fans I saw hit the hardest by this signing were Toronto fans. Those guys were annoyed.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Thanks for the feedback.

How are Florida fans taking the Weiss departure?

Seems like the fans I saw hit the hardest by this signing were Toronto fans. Those guys were annoyed.

I still don't get why Toronto didn't even talk to him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad