Wings send Cholowski to GR

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Not huge on them but close to market value. DeKeyser has played a lot better with Jensen as his partner this year. Almost top 4 worthy.

Nielsen is a good 2nd and third line tweener. The cap figure for those guys isn't the same as it was in 2008 despite people ignoring where the cap has gone. With his back-diving contract Nielsen isn't even impossible to move. While I don't love them, that isn't why the team stinks. The system is setup for this to happen. Gee we didn't pull off a third miracle in terms of being the best team in the league for three decades instead of two. That is actually pretty hard to do.

I used to list DeKeyser and Abdelkader together here. I think we can carry DeKeyser as we come out of this. Still wish he would actually play physically.

Just team construction is a little harder than NHL 19 and I am getting a little tired of some of the things being said. Everyone is free to say them, but I am also allowed to basically point out this is getting exhausting. We are going to be pretty bad for a little bit, freaking Sam Pollock and Scotty Bowman aren't fixing that, eventually the system designed for parity and league balance gets you whether you like it or not. It is our turn now.

what is it with Dekeyser and limited but well skating partners? Before this he looked his best with Quincey, who really wasn't anything special but skated well and had limited puck skills. Jensen is a much better skater than Quincey, but is arguably more limited with the puck. It just seems odd that Dekeyser has looked the best with those two.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
what is it with Dekeyser and limited but well skating partners? Before this he looked his best with Quincey, who really wasn't anything special but skated well and had limited puck skills. Jensen is a much better skater than Quincey, but is arguably more limited with the puck. It just seems odd that Dekeyser has looked the best with those two.

I am surprisingly impressed by the DeKeyser and Jensen pairing. I mean I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Jensen but still in my opinion this is the best DeKeyser has played in a couple years for the last little bit here. Noticeably better, especially in terms of having the disruptive stick that we thought would be his hallmark when he first broke in. I agree he hasn't played this well since Quincey left in my opinion.

Jensen increasingly is getting better at breaking the forecheck. While he isn't high end, he has used his body and has really skated hard to cut off cycles. Big improvement in terms of his desire to win board battles.

Both DeKeyser and Jesnen seem to be playing a little harder.Neither guy is perfect, DeKeyser still makes way too much money. But I think they can be trusted. Say you land a Trouba or Karlsson in the next two off-seasons. McIsaac, Lindstrom, Cholowski or Hronek just two of the four or hopefully three of the four make it our D looks pretty good again in terms of puck movement and skating. Still lots of development and this was where we failed the last time, but you have to like a lot of the tools, this generation looks like they are a lot better passers.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am surprisingly impressed by the DeKeyser and Jensen pairing. I mean I have always had a bit of a soft spot for Jensen but still in my opinion this is the best DeKeyser has played in a couple years for the last little bit here. Noticeably better, especially in terms of having the disruptive stick that we thought would be his hallmark when he first broke in. I agree he hasn't played this well since Quincey left in my opinion.

Jensen increasingly is getting better at breaking the forecheck. While he isn't high end, he has used his body and has really skated hard to cut off cycles. Big improvement in terms of his desire to win board battles.

Both DeKeyser and Jesnen seem to be playing a little harder.Neither guy is perfect, DeKeyser still makes way too much money. But I think they can be trusted. Say you land a Trouba or Karlsson in the next two off-seasons. McIsaac, Lindstrom, Cholowski or Hronek just two of the four or hopefully three of the four make it our D looks pretty good again in terms of puck movement and skating. Still lots of development and this was where we failed the last time, but you have to like a lot of the tools, this generation looks like they are a lot better passers.

He’s been pretty good since I called him a soft/trash defenseman... I think I lit a fire under him.

Reactions: LazyT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad