Wings send Cholowski to GR

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm ok with it. He has struggled in the 2nd half. It wouldn't hurt for him to go down, get some confidence, and help GR in the playoffs. Come back next October a year more mature, a year more experienced, and re-energized.
I agree. There should be a spot or 2 open for next year barring a re-signing of Jensen and Kronwall

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I’ve hated the utilization of Cholo lately, this isn’t ideal either, he’s definitely better than half of our putrid blue line, but at least he’d play in Grand Rapids. He’s definitely hit a wall, but I’m not sure this is the solution.
What would you suggest the solution be?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
i'd be okay with sending Cholo down if it at least involved bringing Hronek back up and if this was actually about his play that's exactly what would happen

but let's be honest here,what this is really about is making sure to cram in every single one of the vets on defense into the lineup

Reactions: lilidk

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I’ve hated the utilization of Cholo lately, this isn’t ideal either, he’s definitely better than half of our putrid blue line, but at least he’d play in Grand Rapids. He’s definitely hit a wall, but I’m not sure this is the solution.

He’s decidedly not better than half of Detroit’s defense. He’s been one of the worst players on the ice since December. He just doesn’t read the defensive side of the game well and it’s meant getting very sheltered minutes. He definitely should be in GR learning how to defend at the pro level.

Reactions: FMichael and LazyT

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
That would be the right move at this point, Cholowski showed some good potential early on, but he definitely needs to work on a few things, and going down would help him and the GR.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
If all he's going to get is spot duty in the line up, or sitting in the pressbox eating popcorn and nachos with Luke Witkowksi and Frk or whoever, he's much better off getting top pairing minutes down in GR.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I see no problem with this.
Let him get big minutes in GR and work on his game for the rest of the season, hit the gym come summer and hopefully come back next year stronger for it. He does not seem like the type of guy who would take it the wrong way. I think he could very well just get to work down there and fix/fine tune his game. Seems like a reasonable move to me.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I still think part of Cholowski’s struggles are tied to the fact that he was saddled with Witowski for that stretch of games. I can’t inagine that was a confidence builder for him.

Regardless, Cholowski does need a stint in GR to clear his head. The reality though is that any stint in GR is likely a long term deal barring injury. Even if Jensen is dealt, the right thing to do is call up Hronek.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm fine with sending him down. Get him lots of PT in all situations and get him in on some playoff hockey. Hopefully when he comes back to Detroit Stevie Y will be running things and there will be some clarity regarding the direction of the franchise.

Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm fine with sending him down. Get him lots of PT in all situations and get him in on some playoff hockey. Hopefully when he comes back to Detroit Stevie Y will be running things and there will be some clarity regarding the direction of the franchise.

Just when you thought we had some clarity to begin the season :facepalm:

Lets hope the trade deadline is good to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->