GDT: Wings @ Senator -- The Spark Edition. 7pm ET or 4pm PT

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No, don't think Cowen got close to the puck. Andy didn't get it because the puck went off the post and in. Andy didn't have a chance.

Cowen definitely had his stick in the lane, Nyquist may have gotten the puck clean under it though. Cowen's stick rides up Nyquist's on the follow through. Also, I'm not sure you can ever say the goalie didn't have a chance on a shot from 35-40 feet out. The screen probably hindered him a bit though.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Well, our shots per game are up, and are shots against are down, we've actually scored more per game with him than with McLean, we allow about the same regulation goals against.

Generally, I think we've had positive results since the change, but how much of that is on him remains to be seen. I'm happy with the ice distribution, and Phillips not playing with Karlsson.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Well, our shots per game are up, and are shots against are down, we've actually scored more per game with him than with McLean, we allow about the same regulation goals against.

Generally, I think we've had positive results since the change, but how much of that is on him remains to be seen. I'm happy with the ice distribution, and Phillips not playing with Karlsson.

I pretty much agree with everything here. How much is on the coaching change than the actual players getting a jump from a new system remains to be unseen, but so far it looks good. Once the honeymoon period is over... how the players actually respond towards the coach is what remains to be seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad