GDT: Wings @ Senator -- The Spark Edition. 7pm ET or 4pm PT

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well I'm sure cowen got gassed just like Mac did. And nyquist is a great skater. It's 4 on 4. The great skaters shine through. Does anyone not think that opposing fan bases are flipping their **** when Hoffman is going for a skate in OT. That's life. Or when karlsson is skating past everyone. It sucks to be on the other end of a highlight reel goal but it happens. The other team is trying out there too.

Cowen wasn't chasing the guy for two big loop-de-loops around the zone like Mac did. He was on Nyquist for maybe 2-3 seconds before dropping his man.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Just watched the replays

Karlsson looked pissed on the bench wow

So why are people pissed at Karlsson when he was on the bench when Nyquist scored in OT?
No one is mad at him for that OT goal. Please don't start that.
Because for the rest of everyone's lives here "you guys get mad at karlsson for goals he's not even on the ice for!" Will be an accepted argument.

ISensFanI

Sep 2, 2006
Ottawa
Because for the rest of everyone's lives here "you guys get mad at karlsson for goals he's not even on the ice for!" Will be an accepted argument.

It is true

He is literally the only player on this team that makes sens games entertaining to watch.

Last edited:

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Didn't catch the game last night, but what's up with the Karlsson's talk?
I agree that people need to stop looking to place blame on any player in that dressing room.

We're a very young team stuck on a very tight budget. The results seem to reflect that.
With realistic expectations, the team's performing as it should.

Players like Karlsson n Ryan need more high-level talent to play with if people want to see them play up to their true potential. Maybe some of our young guys will develop into that, who knows.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

People are railing about Karlsson for most of the latter pages in this thread

I assumed that that was because he turned the puck over or something

Instead I see he had a breakaway in OT and Howard, being a great goalie, made a great save

I did not see the third period but for the first two periods Ottawa was clearly the better team and Detroit tied on the PP in the third: I'm fairly positive Detroit's PP is amongst the best in the league.

So why in the world are people like you pissed off at Karlsson?! Because the team didn't win?

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Just watched it this morning again. Sens played a good game. Some turnovers that make you cringe, but Wings made those too - they happen. Would really like to see some better play at the bluelines, just simplifying it and making sure you get into the zone or get it out of the zone, win some face-offs, and then finish! We had so many glorious opportunities. EK should have had three assists... at least. And two goals. lulz. But a good effort from two teams in similar places in the standings, one whom you assume might be on a downward trajectory and one whom you hope is getting better.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I think it was another solid game from the Sens. This team is starting to figure things out, chemistry is developing between the lines and the shots against are going down fairly consistently.

They've been running into some great goalie performances over the past couple games. Things will go in their favour if they continue this play.

Sweet play by Nyquist in OT though, showed patience and waited for the right opportunity to take a great shot.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Can we trade fans?

No.

I have a feeling Karlsson could demand a trade this offseason. Why stay? After Alfie and Spezza bail. Team a joke. Fans making him the new magnet of blame. Ownership spending the least in the league.

Not joking. I hope team plays better soon.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Cowen wasn't chasing the guy for two big loop-de-loops around the zone like Mac did. He was on Nyquist for maybe 2-3 seconds before dropping his man.

Because you only get tired when you're on the man with the puck?

Truth is Nyquist made a nice cut back to get some space on Cowen, and took a shot from the top of the circle. Cowen might have even gotten his stick on it, which may have been way Anderson failed to track the puck.

Cowen's play there wasn't great, but it's the kind of thing that happens to the best of them. not sure why people are complaining. It's late in OT, late in a shift, and a tired player gets slightly out of position.

As for Karlsson, he had a very good game with a couple bad plays.

People (not necessarily direct at you) have this team under the microscope searching for anything to complain about, ignore the fact that we had a very good game, one that we probably deserved to win in regulation.

If I had to pick a goat in this game, it would probably be Boro for the needless interference penalty that led to the tying goal, but even that is a stretch. They played a game they could be proud of, Detroit scored on a flukey bounce for the first goal, and a PP goal for the second.

Great game imo.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
No.

I have a feeling Karlsson could demand a trade this offseason. Why stay? After Alfie and Spezza bail. Team a joke. Fans making him the new magnet of blame. Ownership spending the least in the league.

Not joking. I hope team plays better soon.

Give me a break dude, we're over achieving considering how young our roster is. Do you really think Karlsson who is 24 years old is going to bail on this team because we've struggled for two years.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
That shift by Hoffman in overtime was great. Back check with a ton of speed then took the puck the other way with even more speed. I seriously hope he can get to another level than this. Could be quite the player.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
No thanks... I have a no trade clause, because I actually give a **** about this team and the players. Unlike a lot of posters here.

Don't act like you are the only one thst cares about the team. Those looking for change care about the team as much as you or even more.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah I would have to say every fanbase has this, now I haven't personally checked everyother teams GD threads but I can gurantee that their are emotional fans in each one of them.

Yep. Reading the GDTs around HF is funny. Pretty much all fan bases are the same.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
That Nyqvist goal was embarrassing. Team goal differential +/- keeps going down since Maclean was fired.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Watched a replay of the game this morning. Thought we played well, had chances to win, a bit unlucky to lose in OT.

To be honest, I like our team and think we're making progress. Lots of young players have been integrated into the lineup and are playing well. Team also seems a little more cohesive under Cameron (and doing better without Phillips, Neil and Smith in the lineup). Next step would seem to be adding a little more speed/skill and trying to make the pieces fit together better. I would:

- give Prince, Claessen and Wideman get a real chance in the 2nd half of the season to show if they're ready/NHL players
- make Anderson available (probably the only other way to add another young core piece)
- not be unhappy if we get a top-10 pick

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
People are railing about Karlsson for most of the latter pages in this thread

I assumed that that was because he turned the puck over or something

Instead I see he had a breakaway in OT and Howard, being a great goalie, made a great save

I did not see the third period but for the first two periods Ottawa was clearly the better team and Detroit tied on the PP in the third: I'm fairly positive Detroit's PP is amongst the best in the league.

So why in the world are people like you pissed off at Karlsson?! Because the team didn't win?

You are being dramatic. What's wrong with people getting angry? I think I've seen maybe one over the top comment about Karlsson which was to trade him and the rest were just pointing out the noticeable gaffes he made. If you read every single GDT you will notice gaffes are pointed out by everyone and no player is exempt from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad