BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
creationofkarlsson.gif

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I think tonights game will give us an decent indication if the team is serious and will have a surge to the playoffs in the second half, or if they are still struggling to figure themselves out.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Phillips is sitting out again (thank god). Andy starts. Lehner is apparently sick but he will make it to the bench.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully another loss tonight. We need to start getting into good draft position lol

How about no?

The day i start cheering for loses is the day i die.

So having said that, i am hoping for a win tonight.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This team desperately needs one of the top 3 in this draft class, but the chances of us getting one of them is slim to none, I still don't believe this a PO team so might aswell hope for the best pick possible

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Tank talk is for total losers. Not even half way into the season hoping to lose. A few posts into the thread and tins of posts about losing. Draft position.

Honestly why even be a fan?

mrkevo

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Tank talk is for total losers. Not even half way into the season hoping to lose. A few posts into the thread and tins of posts about losing. Draft position.

Honestly why even be a fan?

Whats wrong with wanting the team to be better and win some cups in the near future? Do you honestly think we have a shot at contending this year? Im a fan of the sens but Im also realistic. They arn't going to be doing anything this year so why not root for a good pick that can help us contend in the future. But hey I guess Im just a real loser and cant be a fan.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Whats wrong with wanting the team to be better and win some cups in the near future? Do you honestly think we have a shot at contending this year? Im a fan of the sens but Im also realistic. They arn't going to be doing anything this year so why not root for a good pick that can help us contend in the future. But hey I guess Im just a real loser and cant be a fan.

When you advocate losing games to get a better pick, are you suggesting the team intentionally lose, or are you hoping we are already a worse team than our record indicates?

Either way, there are some pretty serious consequences; in the first case, I'm not sure you'd ever be better off with a team that intentionally loses. In the second, you're hoping that the team has farther to go to get to the end point. So if picking a top 5 player in the draft is enough to make us a lot better, it's partially negated by the fact that we aren't as good of a team to start with as if we finished say 17th in the standings.

I can understand the appeal to getting McDavid or Eichel, or having a top 5 pick in a year where injuries derailed what was otherwise a good team (that could be argued here with Methot), but I don't see the appeal to finishing say 5th with a team that on paper looks like it should finish around 5th.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It still honestly confuses the **** out of me why people think getting a top 5 pick will help us contend for the cup in the future.

A top 5 pick has as much of a chance of not helping us at all then it does at helping us.

There is a small evil part of me that wants us to draft a top 5 pick and that top 5 pick ends up being a bust just to show people that top 5 picks does NOT always equal success.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It still honestly confuses the **** out of me why people think getting a top 5 pick will help us contend for the cup in the future.

A top 5 pick has as much of a chance of not helping us at all then it does at helping us.

There is a small evil part of me that wants us to draft a top 5 pick and that top 5 pick ends up being a bust just to show people that top 5 picks does NOT always equal success.

Well, last time a draft was as hyped as this one, the top 5 were Stamkos, Doughty, Bogosian, Pietrangelo, and Schenn.

I'd say out of that group, there's a better chance they'd help us than not (schenn might even be a help for this team, albeit small, particularly if we were able to trade him for JVR :)).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
tank please

seen enough of eichel

We aren't bad enough to get a top 2 pick without winning the lottery. Tanking might get us into the top 5, but it will be pretty unlikely for us to outsuck Edmonton and Carolina. Buffalo made a surge, but still suck, and Arizona will be hard to pass too. Even NJD might be hard pressed to pass us.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
lol we aren't getting a top 2 pick without winning the lottery. So please just forget about that right now.

Edmonton got last place locked down right now and i don't see them budging. That pretty much guarantees that Eichel is off the table.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
LOL at tank.
You can draft impact player anywhere in the first round of this draft. Having a good team on top of that sets us good for the future.
Being god awful and drafting McEichel would make us a terrible team with bunch of scrubs and a good one that can easily go down the drain in this culture.

Xamar*

Any top 15 pick has potential to be a first line player or a top 2 D-Man. You just have to be smart with your scouting. Tanking is never the answer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad