Wings Select Lucas Raymond 4th Overall

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Awesome! Literally the best guy left on my board. I think he's the next Panarin and isn't far off from the top 3 in terms of upside.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

eulatron

Jun 24, 2019
Absolutely thrilled with the pick. Exactly who I wanted! Onwards! To the rebuild of Sweden HC!

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
This is either a bigtime boom or major bust pick. I'm going to pull for the kid to make it, but I just think that it's one we're going to regret not taking Rossi or Perfetti in 3 years.
Disagree. He's a high floor, high ceiling type. He was physically underdeveloped for the league he played in but he's gained a lot of strength this offseason and has pretty much put to bed his biggest question mark. Perfetti was the boom-bust guy in the top 10.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
We also need to never doubt the connections of Hakan. Dipping into the Frolunda well. His finger prints are everywhere on the last two years.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
It could also be somewhere in between. At worst I see a future 2nd liner W, RHS, 200ft game, 50+pt. consistent etc.

Do we really want Gus Nyquist with the 4th overall pick though?
I don't see him being a middle six winger. I think with Raymond it'll be top line winger or bust. If he flourishes he'll be an all star. If he doesn't flourish I don't see his skillset allowing him to convert to a 3rd liner.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
My impression is that Raymond's game is more well-rounded than that of the other forwards who were in the conversation for Detroit and I think he's got as much upside as anyone else who was still on the board. What'll be interesting I think is seeing how fast he develops, especially with the pandemic. Somebody else already mentioned here, he's appears to have just come online for the SHL.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
This was the guy I wanted at #4. Just seems the best fit with the pieces and prospects in the system and probably the 4th best player too. If the MLB line stays together, Zadina and Raymond could yet make a 2nd line center out of either Ras or Veleno, and thats assuming the next two years we pick d-men.

Reactions: Red Stanley

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Can't help but feel like I had a similar feeling in 2018.

In 2018, I wasn't sure who I wanted, but as soon as we passed on Hughes and he went right after us, I felt like we missed out.

This time, I wasn't sure who i wanted... but as soon as we took Raymond, I have the feeling that we got "Hughes". We got the guy that's a difference maker

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Disagree. He's a high floor, high ceiling type. He was physically underdeveloped for the league he played in but he's gained a lot of strength this offseason and has pretty much put to bed his biggest question mark. Perfetti was the boom-bust guy in the top 10.
Agree, Perfetti gets knocked off his skates too often, could wind up a bust in a league that's more physical.

5 - 7 also went with the safe picks (Holtz at 7). Let;s see where Perfetti winds up....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad