Wings Select Lucas Raymond 4th Overall

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
It would be pretty stunning for a winger, picked fourth overall, to spend his D+2 season in Sweden.
Tkachuk - NHL debut in D+1
Puljujarvi - NHL debut in D+1
Marner - NHL debut in D+2
Kane - NHL debut in D+1
Pouliot - NHL debut in D+2
Ladd - NHL debut in D+2
Zherdev - NHL debut in D+2

How about Steve Yzerman's history of top 10 pick wingers.
Connolly, 6th - NHL debut in D+2
Drouin, 3rd, - NHL debut in D+2

Not everyone develops the same way. That said, outside of his strength (which I think is underrated btw), I think he could have been in the NHL this year. I totally expect him to be in the NHL next year. Maybe the AHL if they want him to dominate offensively first. He's pro ready, I don't understand why they would keep him in Sweden, but I trust Hakan and co. on this one if they think Frolunda is still the proper place for him but I personally don't think it is. I think he has learned everything he needed to learn from them already. He needs to get his production back on track.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It would be pretty stunning for a winger, picked fourth overall, to spend his D+2 season in Sweden.
Tkachuk - NHL debut in D+1
Puljujarvi - NHL debut in D+1
Marner - NHL debut in D+2
Kane - NHL debut in D+1
Pouliot - NHL debut in D+2
Ladd - NHL debut in D+2
Zherdev - NHL debut in D+2

How about Steve Yzerman's history of top 10 pick wingers.
Connolly, 6th - NHL debut in D+2
Drouin, 3rd, - NHL debut in D+2

I don’t see any true comparables for Raymond on the list outside of Marner. Most of those guys are in the power forward mold. If Raymond hit home on the Marner comparison...that would be a franchise changing pick. Love Marner’s game

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
We might want to take into account those guys didn’t have two seasons worth of bullshit to go through before and after their drafts. (Covid stuffs)

That's another reason why I'm ok with Raymond staying over in Sweden for 1 more season. We shouldn't be rushing him, and it's likely he gets more ice in the SHL next year. I'd like to see if he can have a comparable year to Berggren in the SHL before he comes over.

Reactions: lilidk

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
That's another reason why I'm ok with Raymond staying over in Sweden for 1 more season. We shouldn't be rushing him, and it's likely he gets more ice in the SHL next year. I'd like to see if he can have a comparable year to Berggren in the SHL before he comes over.
if he stays on frolunda he just won’t

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Very happy with the Raymond pick! I was worried that we were going to go with Perfetti. I guess the other scouts saw what I saw (or didn't see) as well. Raymond is a beauty with high upside, great shot, great playmaker, and a great 4 way skater. He'll be a staple in Detroit soon enough!
Nice . Just checked what people were talking about Raymond when we just drafted him. This was the best comment . Interesting to see difference of opinion before and now

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil Bert

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Lucas Raymond has his own thread.

People just can't find them.

Seider also had a draft thread and people still made a new one for him instead of bumping the old one

Raymond has moved past being a prospect at this point too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad