Wings Select Lucas Raymond 4th Overall

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Despite being an underage player in the tournament, Lucas Raymond shined in helping Sweden to the 2019 IIHF Under-18 World Championship with four goals and four assists in seven games last spring. His hattrick, including the overtime winner, in the gold-medal-game, was immense. Raymond also helped Sweden to Bronze at the Under-17 Hockey Challenge (seven points in six games) and Silver at last year’s Hlinka-Gretzky Cup (five goals, seven points in five games).

Domestically, he played in the SHL this season, putting up four goals and 10 points in 33 games against men. He also put up three goals in six games, helping Frolunda to their second straight Champions Hockey League title. In limited action in the U20 league, he had 14 points in nine games. Raymond played for Sweden at the World Juniors scoring two goals and four points in seven games, and winning a bronze medal.

Our scouting report
Lucas Raymond Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #5

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
wanted Perfetti with the chance of being a Center but was super close for me

exciting prospect

I wonder how much Raymond playing while others not in Europe have been sitting out influenced things here

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
This is either a bigtime boom or major bust pick. I'm going to pull for the kid to make it, but I just think that it's one we're going to regret not taking Rossi or Perfetti in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad