Confirmed with Link: Wings Release Prospect Tourney Roster & Schedule

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Do we have on the team someone who plays hard and physical game, someone who could fight?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There's not maybe a goon on the squad, but all Hanas, Bliss, Mitchell Martin, Piercey, Zito and Uberti are physical players.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
That's not even a thing really at this tourney. You worried someone is going to try and run Edvinsson?
Any kids getting froggy trying to impress by being a meathead at a prospect tourney is easily dealt with. You warn the team, and if he doesn't settle down you disinvite the team moving forward.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Any kids getting froggy trying to impress by being a meathead at a prospect tourney is easily dealt with. You warn the team, and if he doesn't settle down you disinvite the team moving forward.
So St.Louis won't be invited this year?
Makes us look scared

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
So St.Louis won't be invited this year?
Makes us look scared
No, it makes any team that feels the need to run around like dumbasses in a friendly look like assholes.

This is good thing the Wings are doing to have other teams be able to bring in their kids to get them some reps in scrimmages that feel more like real games. Checking is fine. But you start running around blowing kids up like it's a playoff game and your team is down big and you want to show the other side that you aren't dead yet and there is more to come in the next one? This is not the time or the place for it.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
That's not even a thing really at this tourney. You worried someone is going to try and run Edvinsson?
I believe Edvinsson could stand for himself, but when you playing against Blues or Dallas, be ready for something else

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Cool. So they get to look tough for 5 minutes before they become ECHL drop outs. I'm not worried about it.

In the meantime they end up injuring other teams prospects. It's happened to a few of Detroit's players since I've been going to these events. Last year Berggren was concussed by (if I remember correctly) a headshot from someone. It pretty much robbed him of his chance to prove himself at Detroit's camp. I remember seeing Datsyuk get roughed up in 2001 and Kronwall dealing with some after the whistle scrums in 2003 that got ugly. Also, didn't Kyle Quincey get dinged up fighting in one of these tournaments?

This is a tournament that a lot of unsigned kids attend to showcase their abilities in hopes of getting some type of pro contract, whether it be ECHL, AHL, NHL or somewhere in Europe. For some of these kids they try to make that mark and get noticed by gooning it up.

Reactions: lilidk

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
In the meantime they end up injuring other teams prospects. It's happened to a few of Detroit's players since I've been going to these events. Last year Berggren was concussed by (if I remember correctly) a headshot from someone. It pretty much robbed him of his chance to prove himself at Detroit's camp. I remember seeing Datsyuk get roughed up in 2001 and Kronwall dealing with some after the whistle scrums in 2003 that got ugly. Also, didn't Kyle Quincey get dinged up fighting in one of these tournaments?

This is a tournament that a lot of unsigned kids attend to showcase their abilities in hopes of getting some type of pro contract, whether it be ECHL, AHL, NHL or somewhere in Europe. For some of these kids they try to make that mark and get noticed by gooning it up.
It's not a preventive thing though to bring someone to deal with goons. Someone who's there to cause trouble in order to keep their mediocre career afloat isn't going to care if you bring a player to deal with them. They won't care if you fight them after running your star prospect either. It won't be a deterrent for them to do it again. I mean that's what they are there for apparently. On top of that I can probably count on one hand the number of prospects in all of junior hockey that would be described as "goons". It's just not a role that's required any more and eventually that will catch up to the NHL (it pretty much has now).

Honestly, its whatever. I'm just there to see my first live hockey for the year.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
It was Columbus who brought the team of goons to the prospects tourney that one year I thought.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It was Columbus who brought the team of goons to the prospects tourney that one year I thought.

Every team has done it before. I dont think anyone really brings "goons" but some years teams are just tougher than others. St Louis had a pretty tough team a couple years ago where Dakota Joshua ran around like crazy one game. I remember hating him because he was like 24 at the time and being an idiot.

The wings have dressed plenty of meat heads in this tournament too

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Every team has done it before. I dont think anyone really brings "goons" but some years teams are just tougher than others. St Louis had a pretty tough team a couple years ago where Dakota Joshua ran around like crazy one game. I remember hating him because he was like 24 at the time and being an idiot.

The wings have dressed plenty of meat heads in this tournament too
There was a specific year where multiple teams had prospects get injured by a single team and they won the whole thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad