Recalled/Assigned: Wings recall Givani Smith from GR (Sent back 10/30)

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Don't mind it at all.

1) Reward a hard working player with his first NHL game.

2) Send a message to the "skill" younger guys that you must earn your call-up and will not simply get the call based on reputation.

3) Add some grit to a lineup that clearly is lacking in pretty much everything. Hopefully he plays, throws some hits and brings some energy.

Reactions: lilidk

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah I said they should call him up yesterday instead of Rasmussen. Smith has put in the work and had a really good start to the year, he wont be playing big minutes but thats more his projection at the NHL level anyways compared to Rasmussen and hes got a side to his game that can really provide a spark.

If I had to guess I would say Svech takes Glendenings spot on the second line with Flip and Abby that finished the game against Ottawa. Smith will probably play with de la rose and someone. Expect a scrap with CLaudes son at some point tonight

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Yeah I said they should call him up yesterday instead of Rasmussen. Smith has put in the work and had a really good start to the year, he wont be playing big minutes but thats more his projection at the NHL level anyways compared to Rasmussen and hes got a side to his game that can really provide a spark.

If I had to guess I would say Svech takes Glendenings spot on the second line with Flip and Abby that finished the game against Ottawa. Smith will probably play with de la rose and someone. Expect a scrap with CLaudes son at some point tonight

Maybe something like...

Bert-Larkin-Mantha
AA-Filppula-Svech
Hirose-Nielsen-Helm/Abby
Abby/Helm-DLR-Smith

Reactions: newfy

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Svechnikov was called up as "more than point-per-game" player (1+3 in 3 games).

Smith too (2+2 in 4 games).

Rasmussen probably next (3+4 in 6 games).

Be productive and you'll be called up. (hint for Zadina and Veleno...)

Reactions: lilidk

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I hope I'm just being unnecessarily skeptical, but I'm tired of adding players who will never score goals. We have enough Glendenings and Helmses and Des la Rose and Ehns and Abbys and Nielsens and Filppulas already. We need to add more Sveches (yet to be proven of course, we'll see).

I don't know much about Smith but I hope he's at least somewhat involved at getting more pucks in nets.

burbankmarc

Oct 17, 2014
I hope I'm just being unnecessarily skeptical, but I'm tired of adding players who will never score goals. We have enough Glendenings and Helmses and Des la Rose and Ehns and Abbys and Nielsens and Filppulas already. We need to add more Sveches (yet to be proven of course, we'll see).

I don't know much about Smith but I hope he's at least somewhat involved at getting more pucks in nets.

If they aren't going to score goals they can at least throw some hits.

Reactions: Winger98

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

Eventually we're going to have to replace all those old guys with young guys who can play their roles but are more hungry and athletic.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I really hope he plays tonight or Sunday and that he doesn't just stay in the press box.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

You are going to be disappointed for a very long time. The vast majority of NHLers "never score goals" as you say and we don't have anyone in GR at the moment who we can reasonably expect to score a large amount of goals.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Another Svechnikov?. Sounds intriguing

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
The vast majority of NHLers "never score goals"
Sheesh that's a strong statement and I'm not sure I believe it but there may be some truth to it.

I'm not saying I want all our secondary players to be Hudler and Tatar. But I think, ideally, our LEAST productive players in the top 9 should be prime Helms, who at some point was at least scoring more than Glendening ever will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad