GDT: Wings @ Rangers

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
A couple of observations :
  • Lashoff on the last pairing isn't the end of the world, it will help the Wings to lose some more points. He was kind of solid vs Isles.
  • Hisrose on the PP is pretty telling of what Blashill thinks of him : an offensive weapon.
  • Rasmussen on the 4th is OK for him to learn the defensive side of the game. Next season, I hope that he is higher up in the lineup.

Reactions: Larkin2AA

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
This is going to be one boring game. It would be nice for Howard to have a clunker against the Rangers for the first time in what seems like forever.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
A couple of observations :
  • Lashoff on the last pairing isn't the end of the world, it will help the Wings to lose some more points. He was kind of solid vs Isles.
  • Hisrose on the PP is pretty telling of what Blashill thinks of him : an offensive weapon.
  • Rasmussen on the 4th is OK for him to learn the defensive side of the game. Next season, I hope that he is higher up in the lineup.
If Rasmussen wants to move up in the lineup he needs to learn how to carry the puck and not get rid of it a half second after he gets it.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
1. Hopefully, Kuffner is in the game but judging by the PP units, I'm guessing he sits
2. Hopefully, Hirose gets more than 7mins TOI. Kuffner's TOI against the Islanders was disappointing.
3. Embrace the tank, we need LA to catch the DRW. Cross your fingers for a regulation loss

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Definitely stand by what I've been saying since last year, it's insane that Rasmussen made the team this year, should have stayed down in Junior and worked on developing his offensive game that leaves you wanting. Now he's glued to our piss poor 4th line, and I'm not sure this season was best for his development. But whatever.

Reactions: Jon Cusack

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
1. Hopefully, Kuffner is in the game but judging by the PP units, I'm guessing he sits
2. Hopefully, Hirose gets more than 7mins TOI. Kuffner's TOI against the Islanders was disappointing.
3. Embrace the tank, we need LA to catch the DRW. Cross your fingers for a regulation loss
Minutes goes to vets.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
Definitely stand by what I've been saying since last year, it's insane that Rasmussen made the team this year, should have stayed down in Junior and worked on developing his offensive game that leaves you wanting. Now he's glued to our piss poor 4th line, and I'm not sure this season was best for his development. But whatever.
Maybe they want him to start putting his big body to use. He's big and heavy but seems very unbalnced at even the smallest collisions

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Who do you suggest they sit? Nielsen? Vanek?
At this point in the season (and rebuild), I don't see any harm whatsoever to sit any of Vanek / Nielsen / Helm for a game, in the name of letting a kid have a taste of the big leagues against an opponent toward the less challenging end of the spectrum.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I'm looking forward to watching Hirose. From what I understand the kid has a nice skill set and has been a high end playmaker at every level he has played.

Coincidentally, a skilled playmaker is one of the most glaring gaps on our roster today. I'm not expecting the kid to be a first liner but I am hoping he can be a complimentary passer in our middle 6 to guys like AA, Mantha, and Bertuzzi.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Nice to have some young players getting their first minutes, at least makes me want to watch and see if their is potential in these young guns.

As for Rasmussen, he's 19.. learning to grow into his body. Could finish with 10 goals... 10 goals in the world best league, while learning the game, how to use his physical traits, how to play defense is more valuable then dominating in a teenagers league. We could let him develop in the CHL and AHL for 2 or 3 years and he will be a 3rd liner... Could also be a 4th liner for life. I don't see any issue with how they have used him, not every players development is identical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad