Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Panthers, Thursday 19/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Unless Babs is gone, Wings have to consider buying out Weiss or doing what it takes to trade him. We can argue all day about whether Weiss is a good player or not, or worth having in the lineup, Babs has already made that choice for us. So cut your losses on him and move on.

Normal babcock blatant favoritism to his favorates while push down the ones he does not like. Legwand now Weiss but keep playing Ericson. Keeping better players on the bench or in the AHL http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...o-to-grand-rapids/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Last year Tar Tar and Nyquist were sitting for deadbeat dan cleary and over the hill sammy. :shakehead Yet people want him as a coach.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Normal babcock blatant favoritism to his favorates while push down the ones he does not like. Legwand now Weiss but keep playing Ericson. Keeping better players on the bench or in the AHL http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...o-to-grand-rapids/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Last year Tar Tar and Nyquist were sitting for deadbeat dan cleary and over the hill sammy. :shakehead Yet people want him as a coach.

Well, your probably going to get your wish. Babcock is most likely gone at the end of the year. I don't see him coming back

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah Luke on the 4th line, Helm centering the 3rd, Jurco with Sheahan and Tats. Seems logical. In this case I don't understand Babcock.

Oct 18, 2006
Yeah Luke on the 4th line, Helm centering the 3rd, Jurco with Sheahan and Tats. Seems logical. In this case I don't understand Babcock.
Incredibly stubborn man at times.

Those lines you wish for would be ideal. No idea why he can't just try Jurco with the guys he gelled with so well last season.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Babs wasn't lying when he said Helm is officially a winger now.

Good thing we have a guy who can handle being a 3rd line center in Weiss. Oh wait. :shakehead

I don't care how poorly Weiss played in his most recent game - there is absolutely no way it was more rough than some of the outings Ericsson has had this year. That game where Ericsson had countless giveaways before serving up a beautiful assist in the slot to the opposition for an easy goal comes to mind. Yet did he even suffer a demotion? Nope. And that's just one of many players who have had a much longer leash than Weiss. There is no way Weiss is 14th forward bad.

I'd love to know what the plan is with Weiss, because we are simultaneously destroying his confidence and the little trade value he had accumulated this season with decent play. If it weren't for Babcock's blatant favoritism and dog-housing in the past, I'd say this was a sign that Babcock has decided to test the market and couldn't care less about where this leaves Weiss after this season. But this could just as well be Babcock being himself.

This is probably an extra slap in the face for Weiss, considering he's scratched against the Panthers of all teams.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Oh really? Where do you see him going?

I heard the Patriots made an offer so he can stand next to Belichick and create the grumpiest duo in sports.

Babcock-7-.jpg
Bill-Belichick.jpg

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Not sure why people care about Stephan Weiss. He's not a good player.

7th on the team in Points/60. Not sure how a bad player can produce like that. What does that say about everyone below him?

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
He might not be a great player but hes comfortably ahead of Anderrson, Miller, Jurco, Glendening for a position as 3C. Hes also arguably just as good as Sheahan(he is IMO)

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
That they never had a hot streak on Datsyuk's line.

They also didn't get relegated to the 4th line (other than Weiss' fellow 4th liners). Seriously, the only player on our team with less ice time per game is Dan Cleary :laugh:

Also, if it's so easy to produce with Datsyuk, why couldn't Jurco or Glendenning do anything with him?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
They also didn't get relegated to the 4th line (other than Weiss' fellow 4th liners). Seriously, the only player on our team with less ice time per game is Dan Cleary :laugh:

Also, if it's so easy to produce with Datsyuk, why couldn't Jurco or Glendenning do anything with him?

Never said it was easy. I think people need to realize with 14 games left Babcock isn't going to magically trust Weiss. hoping he gets some time at center is foolish thinking, wanting it to happen isn't going to make it happen. Babcock doesn't trust him, so I think it's better to focus on the guys he does trust and expect them to step up.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Never said it was easy. I think people need to realize with 14 games left Babcock isn't going to magically trust Weiss. hoping he gets some time at center is foolish thinking, wanting it to happen isn't going to make it happen. Babcock doesn't trust him, so I think it's better to focus on the guys he does trust and expect them to step up.

Well obviously Babcock doesn't trust him. That's why he benched him. The debate is whether or not he should trust him. I believe Weiss is still a good player that provides value.

I agree though, if Babcock isn't going to use Weiss in the playoffs he might as well operate as if he's no longer on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad