Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Panthers, Thursday 19/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Helm is coming back Thursday so I doubt they call up anyone.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Sucks... Better be some precaution, not risking a long-term injury.
Gonna be hard to turn our record against the Bolts around without him...

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Abby/Z/Gus
Tats/Sheahan/Cole
Pulks/Helm/Jurco
Miller/Glendenning/Andy

Maybe switch Cole and Pulks/Jurco?

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Damn it! We get Helm back and lose Dats. If this injury is long term, that line may not see each other until the playoffs and I'm not interested in that happening. This sucks.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Pretty sure the Wings only have a certain amount of call-ups available. No real reason to use one when AA would be put on the 4th line anyway. Play Weiss or Jurco and call it a day.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Pretty sure the Wings only have a certain amount of call-ups available. No real reason to use one when AA would be put on the 4th line anyway. Play Weiss or Jurco and call it a day.

:laugh::laugh:

oh right we have Weiss. Kinda forgot about him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Wonder if the knee is acting up for Dats again. Not liking the sound of 'lower-body injury' and right away ruling him out for the next two games. Though maybe it's a case of the new approach for injuries this season, being on top of it and dealing with it right away before anything gets worse.

As for our schedule this year.. people call it favorable but I don't know. This team has had a hard time getting into a rythm for like 2 months, and I think all these 3-4 day breaks have something to do with it.
It also sucks to be 3 GP behind both Tampa and Montreal.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Wonder if the knee is acting up for Dats again. Not liking the sound of 'lower-body injury' and right away ruling him out for the next two games. Though maybe it's a case of the new approach for injuries this season, being on top of it and dealing with it right away before anything gets worse.

As for our schedule this year.. people call it favorable but I don't know. This team has had a hard time getting into a rythm for like 2 months, and I think all these 3-4 day breaks have something to do with it.
It also sucks to be 3 GP behind both Tampa and Montreal.

babcock is calling it a lower body ache :laugh:

that could be anything

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Having Franzen back would be interesting, but I'm sure it means he's practicing, and that's something.

It will take a whole team effort against the Panther. In their last game there on January 2nd, Datsyuk was held pointless, Glendening had 2G and Weiss had 1G, 2A.

Hoping for a W!

AndrewD

Feb 25, 2015
Canada
www.redwingregister.com
Having Franzen back would be interesting, but I'm sure it means he's praticing, and that's something.

It will take a whole team effort against the Panther. In their last game there on January 2nd, Datsyuk was held pointless, Glendening had 2G and Weiss had 1G, 2A.

Hoping for a W!

I agree. Florida is a wild card every year. You can never rule them out. And they're not doing too bad this year, in tough against Boston, Washington, and as of late Ottawa for that playoff spot.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It's more than just "taking it easy" on a player when they're missing possibly 3 games in the hunt for home ice. Especially a player of Datsyuk's caliber.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It's more than just "taking it easy" on a player when they're missing possibly 3 games in the hunt for home ice. Especially a player of Datsyuk's caliber.

Not if you believe the that the actual playoffs are more important than which seeding you get. I can see them taking extra precaution for someone like Datsyuk, just to cut down the chances of whatever he has recurring during the playoffs.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Not if you believe the that the actual playoffs are more important than which seeding you get. I can see them taking extra precaution for someone like Datsyuk, just to cut down the chances of whatever he has recurring during the playoffs.

True, and I guess if he's not ready to go anyways, then he's not ready.

Seeding will be important for us this year though if we get Tampa Bay in the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad