Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Panthers, Thursday 19/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wings @ Panthers

I thought someone said we have a game every 2 days the rest of the year, or did I imagine that?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The only plus of the extra time off is that the odds of Helm returning for the next game increases. I don't take too much from this past weekend's games...they aren't as bad as Saturday and Sunday was a freak show game. The positives were Mrazek playing well facing a lot of rubber and the Zidlicky addition continues to pay off.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think that starts with this game in Florida.

i_hate_a_liar_big.jpg

Woke up thinking we had a game today :(

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think the Wings' schedule has been incredibly soft this season. I mean, really really favorable overall if you believe it makes a big difference. Everytime you've sensed that they're maybe starting to tire out a little bit, they get a 3-5 day break. Not to mention how few back-to-backs there's been(and not often to a rested opponent).

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
I think the Wings' schedule has been incredibly soft this season. I mean, really really favorable overall if you believe it makes a big difference. Everytime you've sensed that they're maybe starting to tire out a little bit, they get a 3-5 day break.

That assumption seems to be legit, when looking at our record in regard to those games:

3-2 SO vs. Boston (three-day break after 3-2 L vs. Ducks)

4-2 W @ Caps (three-day break after 2-4 L @ Flyers)

1-4 W vs. Blackhawks (four-day break after 4-3 SO vs. Bolts)

3-2 W @ Sens (three-day break after 6-3 W vs. Sabres)

5-4 W @ Panthers (six-day break after 4-5 W vs. Wild)

3-0 W @ Avs (four-day break after 1-4 W vs. Islanders)

1-4 L @ Pens (three-day break after 3-1 W @ Coyotes)

1-2 W vs. Rags (three-day break after 4-3 W @ Preds)

Six wins, two losses.

Last edited:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Would really like to see Tatar and
Nyquist convert soon. Tatar has been a bit snake-bitten and Nyquist has so little confidence with his shot right now. Both could use some goals. We need them burning when we go into the playoffs.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
It's probably just me but I don't remember a season where we had so many 3-4 day off streaks. Good for injuries but miss watching

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
That assumption seems to be legit, when looking at our record in regard to those games:

3-2 SO vs. Boston (three-day break after 3-2 L vs. Ducks)

4-2 W @ Caps (three-day break after 2-4 L @ Flyers)

1-4 W vs. Blackhawks (four-day break after 4-3 SO vs. Bolts)

3-2 W @ Sens (three-day break after 6-3 W vs. Sabres)

5-4 W @ Panthers (six-day break after 4-5 W vs. Wild)

3-0 W @ Avs (four-day break after 1-4 W vs. Islanders)

1-4 L @ Pens (three-day break after 3-1 W @ Coyotes)

1-2 W vs. Rags (three-day break after 4-3 W @ Preds)

Six wins, two losses.

It was commented at the start of the season that we had the lowest number of back to backs we've had in years. Nice to have a favourable schedule for once.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3 mins 3 minutes ago

Datsyuk not skating today, after taking day off yesterday with a few others. No word yet on reason or his status for tomorrow.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3 mins 3 minutes ago

Datsyuk not skating today, after taking day off yesterday with a few others. No word yet on reason or his status for tomorrow.

hm.

hopefully just an extra maintenance day. don't remember anything too alarming on Sunday.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I hate all of these long delays between games. Especially this time since we are playing Florida and that never goes well.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
The really old players never seem to practice...

Made me think of this classic

:laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

im fine with Dats taking some days off though, he's already played more games this year than he has in the previous 2.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 9m9 minutes ago
Doesn't look like Datsyuk is making the trip to Florida. His stuff isn't packed. Will know for sure when Babcock talks.

welp

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
It's probably just me but I don't remember a season where we had so many 3-4 day off streaks. Good for injuries but miss watching

Well, last season was condensed because of the Olympic break, and the year before that was the lockout shortened season, which also had a condensed schedule, so it kind of makes sense that the schedule is a bit more spaced out this season than others in the recent past.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 9m9 minutes ago
Doesn't look like Datsyuk is making the trip to Florida. His stuff isn't packed. Will know for sure when Babcock talks.

welp

That's a real bummer.

Let's call up that Athanasiou dude and take a look :)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad