GDT: Wings @ Oilers 7pm Jan 22/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
And Lucic and Sekera and... Koskinen now. The Oilers could ice an entire team of dead cap space.

As much as we talk about a GM change, I'm not even sure how anyone who's sane would take the position. This team is going to be cap screwed for a while, not to mention the lack of excess assets that could be traded for roster upgrades. Then you have a fan base rightfully sick and tired of losing and not likely to be very patient before a possible full scale revolt. Sure doesn't sound too tempting of an offer to me.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Ah the token goalie pull while down 2. Just to make sure we get that extra GA at the end of the night.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Like, what would you think Pulju was going to do here? Drive the net? Pass in front? Nope! Not at all! Arrrrgh

2u5ymib.jpg

Reactions: Zerotonine

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Oh yes. Go back a page or two back. Jeremy Roenick lit the Oilers up on US national tv. The transcript is posted by @ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Just read it. Thanks for that Pair. It’s dishearting to see this franchise goal so far. I haven’t been a fan for near as longs as most of you. I really only latched into the oilers when they drafted JE14, I can’t imagine giving your all to this team throughout the hay day to see the team now and the effort shown

Skar

Jul 2, 2016
As much as we talk about a GM change, I'm not even sure how anyone who's sane would take the position. This team is going to be cap screwed for a while, not to mention the lack of assets to be traded to upgrade the team in any big way.
With only 31 positions in the league and the chance to make millions per year, there is definitely someone qualified out there that will take the job.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
And Connor McDavid says, 'Hi, the puck is obviously always coming to me. I'll be on the right half wall overhandling it.'
Probably trying to figure out which guy is less likely to cause an odd man break the other direction.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
but international humiliation might change their minds
I think this is key. Katz likes his relative anonymity. He doesn’t want to be the talk of the call in shows or sites like this, and certainly doesn’t want to have his organization held up to derision on national TV by the likes of JR. I hope everybody writes about it tomorrow.

Reactions: MikeGrier99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad