GDT: Wings @ Oilers 7pm Jan 22/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I don't plan on watching the game, or being on hfboards during the game, as it's becoming a source of anger and frustration, but I figure there's going to be lots to talk about leading up to this game so I thought I'd start a thread.

Jones sent down today, spooner and rattie on waivers.

So I guess we're looking at something like

Drai McDavid Chiasson
Khaira RNH JP
Lucic Cave Yam
Kassian brodziak Reider

Larsson Petro
Nurse Russell
Benning Manning
Gravel

As a rough idea of the lineup tomorrow barring any last second changes.

Maybe the rattie and Spooner waiver moves were just to send a wakeup call and they don't actually re assign them?

Anyways, discuss!

Edit: lines according to Jack Michaels

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I remember the last time we played the Wings at home and they made us look foolish. Wouldn't be surprised if that happened again.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Hopefully the last game with Chia as GM. not holding my breath though.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't plan on watching the game, or being on hfboards during the game, as it's becoming a source of anger and frustration, but I figure there's going to be lots to talk about leading up to this game so I thought I'd start a thread.

Drai McDavid Chiasson
Khaira RNH JP
Lucic Cave Yam
Kassian brodziak Reider

Larsson Petro
Nurse Russell
Benning Manning
Gravel

Maybe the rattie and Spooner waiver moves were just to send a wakeup call and they don't actually re assign them?

Anyways, discuss!

I think the forward lines will be (close eyes, draws wingers out of hat for McDavid, Draisatl, Cave, Brodziak)....yeah that looks good and it will change 35 seconds into the game anyway so what does it matter?

The defence however I think will be

Nurse Larsson
Russell Petrovich
Gravel Manning
Benning sits.

The goalie will be Talbot for the first 35 seconds, then Detroit will shoot a muffin that beats Talbot on the short side and Koskinen goes in.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
giphy.gif

*Hitch to Kassian*

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Oh man if the Oilers lose this game. The organization is going to die on Chia's hill apparently, he's going to feel the heat of each and every loss.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Drai McDavid Chiasson
Khaira RNH JP
Lucic Cave Yam
Kassian brodziak Reider

Larsson Petro
Nurse Russell
Benning Manning
Gravel

Anyways, discuss!

That 3rd line might be the worst 3rd line I have seen in a long, long time. Wow.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Lose this one and I'll have to consider calling it a season.

I watch two teams. The Jets and the Oilers. I think I may have to stop watching the Oilers for awhile if I still want to continue to love hockey.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
All I know is a new episode of "Gold Rush" is on opposite the start of this game so I'll have options if it starts like the last game.
I never even put Sunday's game on because the shots were 12-1 against & it was 3-0 by the time the football games was over & was just in time for the start of "The Curse of Oak Island" so I was able to avoid the debacle altogether. It's pretty bad when a reality show about the hunt for a non-existent treasure is more entertaining than a hockey game involving Connor McDavid but here we are.

Reactions: bzur

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
All I know is a new episode of "Gold Rush" is on opposite the start of this game so I'll have options if it starts like the last game.
I never even put Sunday's game on because the shots were 12-1 against & it was 3-0 by the time the football games was over & was just in time for the start of "The Curse of Oak Island" so I was able to avoid the debacle altogether. It's pretty bad when a reality show about the hunt for a non-existent treasure is more entertaining than a hockey game involving Connor McDavid but here we are.
They should make a show called "the success of the modern Oilers," where they search for ever and never find anything.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So I’m guessing Talbot don’t get the start vs. Wings...

Koskinen having to be pulled seems like the most Oilers thing to happen.

Sorry if that sounds like I'm rooting against Koskinen, I swear I'm not. It's just that that would be so Oilers is all :)

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I honestly think if we get blown out in similar ways as the last 2 vs Carolina and flames that Chiarelli is done over the break .It's way to public now and every media outlet is throwing shade chia's way I just can't see how it doesn't happen

Reactions: MikeGrier99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad