Post-Game Talk: Wings LOVE overtime

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
The ref complaints are weird. The refs were nearly perfect tonight

No, Kane should have received a diving penalty in overtime.

Georges should have gotten a penalty for instigating a fight with Abdelkader.

Smith shouldn't have received a penalty for essentially coming in to defuse a fight.

And there was a play when Kronwall's stick was knocked out of his hands and it wasn't called.

Aug 6, 2012
Which goal should he have had? I just watched them, and I'm not really sure. The first Kane goal?

Kane's wrister is godly I don't blame him for that one bit. I wouldn't solely blame him for any of the GA tonight, he just left some juicy rebounds and was a bit all over the place if you know what I'm saying.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010

Smith shouldn't have received a penalty for essentially coming in to defuse a fight.

The Kane play was probably a borderline dive but Nyquist put his stick where it shouldn't have been and that's called a trip 99% of the time, especially after some borderline plays were already let go.

I didn't see a good replay of the Abdelkader one so I'll take your word for that one.

The Smith one was an obvious penalty for being 3rd man in. I don't fault him for doing it. He had to. I blame Z for forcing Smith's hand. That always will and should be called that way. You can't be 3rd man into a 1 on 1 fight.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'm very excited we won. That doesnt mean I am at all happy that we blew another 3rd period lead. Lots of work needs to be done, but you need to secure all the points you can get.

cnwinger

Feb 22, 2012

And there was a play when Kronwall's stick was knocked out of his hands and it wasn't called.
and of course, the 2 non-calls the wings benefited from late in the game.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
The Smith one was an obvious penalty for being 3rd man in. I don't fault him for doing it. He had to. I blame Z for forcing Smith's hand. That always will and should be called that way. You can't be 3rd man into a 1 on 1 fight.

except it wasn't a fight, it was a scrum. those situations happen all the time during games and not called

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Nice gritty win there. Buffalo kept coming, it was nice to see the wings step up the intensity.

A few random thoughts

-Tatar played a great game, lots of intensity
-Z has been borderline terrible for a while now
-has putting Ericcson in the stands for a game or two been thought about?
-lots of line shuffling in the 3rd. Blashill did not want to lose this one
-

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
except it wasn't a fight, it was a scrum. those situations happen all the time during games and not called

Whatever you want to call it. Z and eKane were roughing each other up and Z probably gave more than he got. Smith as 3rd man in straight up attacking eKane is a penalty. Cut and dry.

evolutionbaby

Jan 7, 2012
Whatever you want to call it. Z and eKane were roughing each other up and Z probably gave more than he got. Smith as 3rd man in straight up attacking eKane is a penalty. Cut and dry.

Kane ran him a bit, and tripped him, that's what started it.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
So ironical that our PK is just letting us down when we finally manage to score more than three goals.
Scored one on PP though. Let's hope for it being the icebreaker...

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Kane ran him a bit, and tripped him, that's what started it.

Yes and then Z cross checked him 3 times. It was either a "boys will be boys" or a matching roughing minors before Smith stepped in. Textbook.

If Z just walked away we could have just complained about a missed penalty on eKane.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

a fight and a scrum are 2 different things imo.

how many times do we see a guy facewash another guy in a scrum while he's engaging another guy and nothing gets called?

would have been different if smith came flying in and started throwing punches but he hardly did anything

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
No mention of how ridiculously dominant 14-15-21 was tonight?

Nyquist was on for 19 CF and 2 CA in 5 on 5 play.
Tatar: 18 CF and 1 CA
Sheahan: 16 CF and 2 CA

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Datsyuks lack of production is starting to get concerning

It's only concerning to me if he isn't getting chances or setting up plays. His possession numbers are still great and he's had a major part in turning around the team's overall possession numbers.

The problem is that his shooting % is absurdly low. About 7.7%, almost half his career average of 14.4%. The lowest he's ever had is 11.6%. Last season he was 15.8%. I fully expect that shooting % to go up and as long as he's still getting his chances like he is now the points will start coming in.

breuk

Feb 1, 2010
Alaska
I live in Alaska and my Internet on a good day would be considered 3g at best so I rarely get to watch a game. It sucks that they keep blowing leads but watching this board when it happens at least keeps me entertained at my boring job. So thanks to all of you Internet posters!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad