Post-Game Talk: Wings LOVE overtime

Actual Thought*

The plan is to fumble **** their way to the Stanley Cup.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Can't believe a veteran team like the Red Wings kept getting baiting into taking penalties against a slug team like Buffalo.

Arytonblue

Oct 30, 2015
Helm gets the 'at least you tried' award. That OT shot was highlight reel quality.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
2 points is what matters. We looked great offensively, but took too many penalties and the PK and Mrazek didn't have great nights.

Larkin vs. Eichel was a huge letdown too. Both were invisible. Otherwise a pretty fun game.

cnwinger

Feb 22, 2012
can we re-visit the posters complaining about the reffing after the OT call?

anyone?

anyone?

bueller?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Can't believe a veteran team like the Red Wings kept getting baiting into taking penalties against a slug team like Buffalo.

it's funny though. people complain all the time about how the wings always look the other way when stuff happens because they are soft. well generally you take penalties when you retaliate. though i still think the smith penalty was utter bs

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Mrazek owed us that shootout performance.
I didn't think he was that bad. I didn't see the second Kane goal, but the others were pretty tough for any goalie. Kane's first shot was just a rocket above the glove, and the fourth goal was through a ton of traffic. The Girgensons goal could go either way, depending on how you think a goalie should do on deflections, but I don't blame Mrazek. It's just one of those things that happens when you aren't 6'5 and can't get those freebie saves by virtue of being enormous.

Edit: second Kane goal wasn't on Mrazek either. He makes the initial save, and the D seems perfectly content to let Kane sit there and get another shot off. I don't think any goalie in the league could do much about that.

Aug 6, 2012
I didn't think he was that bad. I didn't see the second Kane goal, but the others were pretty tough for any goalie. Kane's first shot was just a rocket above the glove, and the fourth goal was through a ton of traffic.

Definitely wasn't his best game. He's been a bit all over the place recently, but you are going to get that with a young goaltender who's still developing.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
That was an exciting game, for sure. Too exciting. Not a bad effort though, and he'll a pp goal. Maybe that will help break the ice.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Well.

The ref complaints are weird. The refs were nearly perfect tonight.

Z had a **** game and gave the buffalos momentum by letting eKane get to him.

Ristolainen got the obligatory buffalos star? But eKane carried their team on his back...

imo Helm has been playing pretty awesome for a while now. Sucks that he has no finish. But if he keeps playing this way it will come in a nice burst I think.

As ****** as the almost-comeback was... I don't think there's a lot to complain about from this game. You could say Mrazek sucked but some of those just snuck in. You could say the defense sucked but those goals didn't come from great scoring chances. imo we outplayed the buffalos well enough to win 90% of the time but they had a few miracles from the hockey gods that made it seem scarier than it was.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The game was pretty sloppy, but I give them credit for stepping up after falling behind 4-3. They finally started to show some physicality and create some energy.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Only reason to be upset with this one is all the penalties. The guys gotta be way more disciplined. Other than that, the wings massively outplayed them 5on5 for the majority of the game. Not biggest accomplishment since Buffalo is still a rebuilding team, but it's good to see even strength panned out the way it should.

Abby
Mrazek for SO win
Tats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad