Post-Game Talk: Wings Lose to Chicago

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The fundamental difference between Detroit and Chicago is the difference between Keith and Kronwall, Toews and Z, Kane and Pav. The difference in that first pair is very, very large. Your supporting cast is important in the playoffs, but it isn't what gets you to the playoffs.

Toews isn't especially better, if at all, than Zetterberg, even if its a dilapidated Zetterberg. Don't really agree with this.

Kane is having the best year of his career and its no coincidence that it comes with Panarin. At least thats the explanation Hawks fans give in Calder threads - its not Kane, its Panarin on his own being an awesome guy and helping out Kane. :laugh:

To me, the difference is between

Keith and Kronwall (you're definitely right here).
Seabrook and whatever rotating defenseman we want to call our second guy
Hammer and whoever is our #3 guy

Hossa and whoever is our 3rd/4th best forward (Tatar/Gus)
Panarin and whoever is our 3rd/4th best forward (Tatar/Gus)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, people need to get off his back, it's not like he wasn't under attack, he has the type of personality that doesn't allow him to crack. I just think that the team was out whack and we just have to hope that the team comes back (to life).

Such poetry.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Toews isn't especially better, if at all, than Zetterberg, even if its a dilapidated Zetterberg. Don't really agree with this.

Kane is having the best year of his career and its no coincidence that it comes with Panarin. At least thats the explanation Hawks fans give in Calder threads - its not Kane, its Panarin on his own being an awesome guy and helping out Kane. :laugh:

The difference between the level Patrick Kane has played at this year, and whoever you want to say our best forward is absolutely humongous.

You really can't discredit that. He has been out of this world good.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

As overrated as I think Toews is, he is significantly better than Z in his current state. ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
The difference between the level Patrick Kane has played at this year, and whoever you want to say our best forward is absolutely humongous.

You really can't discredit that. He has been out of this world good.

Yeahhh I don't think its humongous player to player. I think he's playing balls to the wall like Hank did that one year where he was insane while playing with Samuelsson. I just don't think who Kane is right now is who Kane is period. Not in the same way that Crosby and Ovechkin are who they are - even with struggles - year after year.

The difference, if you ask me, is that the difference between Chicago and Detroit is absolutely humongous.

I don't think people realize how ****** this system/chemistry/what you have you is this year for this team. Even when our guys look good, the stats don't show it. I don't know why people are ignoring that everyone on this team looks statistically terrible in comparison to how they usually look. At least most. I'm hoping this is the layover period for a solid team with a new coach just like Trotz had with Washington last year (albeit on a level above).

Dats13DET

Aug 13, 2010
Canada
Larkin and Mrazek carried this team in the first half. They aren't now. That's all there is to it.

K, K, T >> D, Z, T. It's not negotiable. Dats can skate, but he cannot be counted upon to score when it matters. Never could, this is why his offensive production was the key to our team's success.

I agree with most of this but are you seriously saying that Datsyuk could never score in the clutch? I call BS on that. There's been plenty of playoff games in recent years where he put the team on his back only to lose due to lack of production from other people. Not just with the Red Wings but even with team Russia in the Olympics. Scores 2 goals on Quick and plays unreal all game. His teammates let him down in that one. Maybe Datsyuk wasn't a clutch goal scorer in the beginning but he's definitely proven himself.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I agree with most of this but are you seriously saying that Datsyuk could never score in the clutch? I call BS on that. There's been plenty of playoff games in recent years where he put the team on his back only to lose due to lack of production from other people. Not just with the Red Wings but even with team Russia in the Olympics. Scores 2 goals on Quick and plays unreal all game. His teammates let him down in that one. Maybe Datsyuk wasn't a clutch goal scorer in the beginning but he's definitely proven himself.

Yeah I was confused at that. I was like. Huh?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Dats has also been insanely clutch in the regular season. The guy always scores those goals that ties up games or wins them. How many times has he come through in the last minute of games or in OT with either a goal or a big play to create one? Countless. This is often ignored when people talk about players being "clutch". Dats is the type of guy who is clutch all year long.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeahhh I don't think its humongous player to player. I think he's playing balls to the wall like Hank did that one year where he was insane while playing with Samuelsson. I just don't think who Kane is right now is who Kane is period. Not in the same way that Crosby and Ovechkin are who they are - even with struggles - year after year.

The difference, if you ask me, is that the difference between Chicago and Detroit is absolutely humongous.

I don't think people realize how ****** this system/chemistry/what you have you is this year for this team. Even when our guys look good, the stats don't show it. I don't know why people are ignoring that everyone on this team looks statistically terrible in comparison to how they usually look. At least most. I'm hoping this is the layover period for a solid team with a new coach just like Trotz had with Washington last year (albeit on a level above).

I don't see how you could think it's not humongous. He's on another level from the entire rest of the league right now. But to each their own.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Dats has also been insanely clutch in the regular season. The guy always scores those goals that ties up games or wins them. How many times has he come through in the last minute of games or in OT with either a goal or a big play to create one? Countless. This is often ignored when people talk about players being "clutch". Dats is the type of guy who is clutch all year long.

If you've watched Datsyuk since day one, the first half of his career he was pretty anti-clutch and some people are stuck in those days. But he's definitely a guy you want out there today if you need to score a goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad