Post-Game Talk: Wings Lose to Chicago

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Doubt that is soon, though if their core declines, which it will on the back-end at some point decently soon, they will evolve into where we find ourselves today.

Kane and Toews will be too good to tank with and will have earned their lifelong Blackhawk status.

2 or 3 years can't come soon enough. Maybe 4 at max

They will have the kronwall in seabrook or whoever. And Danny d in hjaalmarsson and yeah

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Doubt that is soon, though if their core declines, which it will on the back-end at some point decently soon, they will evolve into where we find ourselves today.

Kane and Toews will be too good to tank with and will have earned their lifelong Blackhawk status.

5 years max, IMO.

Edit: their window for success that is.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I just wish the guys had intensity. I wish they could bring it up a notch. Guys with an extra gear: Z, D, Abby, Glenny, maybe Helm. Though Z is really slow, his extra gear makes him just slow.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I think it will be trash

None of the ME game's previously were trash.

Bioware knows what to do with the game. They also know it has giant expectations in the gaming world.

It'll be far from trash.

Anyways, we need to win Sunday and split. Two points will be huge.

Last edited:

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Abby is like darren mccarty. He has no place on the top line. Once a blue moon he will score but not enough to justify being on the top line.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Abby is like darren mccarty. He has no place on the top line. Once a blue moon he will score but not enough to justify being on the top line.

Except McCarty could score. He just didn't like that part of the game

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Win: I love everything and everyone!

Loss: Blow it up, this team is terrible.

Win: This team is great!

Loss: Everyone sucks, trade them all.

Win: These guys are the best!

Loss: I don't know why anyone still cheers for this team, they're terrible.

So this is the way it goes. Serious question: Why does anyone even bother anymore? Why does anyone post anything at all? The usual suspects are what they are, and the status quo is maintained at all times... and there are those who wonder why the quality and quantity of posting on the Wings board has gone down over the years.

There's never any real constructive discussion, only "OMG FIRE HOLLAND/BLASHILL/BABCOCK/AL SOBOTKA/THE ILLITCH FAMILY/THE LITTLE CAESERS GUY" howling that occurs after each and every loss; after a win, it's "MRAZEK/HOWARD/DATSYUK/ZETTERBERG/AL SOBOTKA/THE LITTLE CAESARS GUY IS THE BEST, DON'T CHANGE A THING!"

I mean, really, what's the deal? Has the average age and/or education level simply dropped around here? Is there a better or more engaging and impartial place to discuss the Red Wings, or is this as "good" as it gets?

Last edited by a moderator:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Just finished the 3rd period (late as usual) all I can say is wow. So many subjects and impressions from this home game.

NBCSN's take after the 2nd period was spot on: The story was Corey Crawford denying the multiple attempts of Datsyuk and Zetterberg in the 1st 15 minutes, then the 5 on 3 and eventual tumbling.

Man for two periods I was the most proud I could be we were taking on the Hawks inch for inch. Datsyuk is proving again to be the greatest player in the world. Best game I've watched all season it was excellent hockey... (until we ran out of steam and it became a ****-show of Blackhawks domination) anyways trying to stay positive after this routing.

Many statements here at HF are retold so often they become blind rhetoric. Wings need a #1 D, RH PMD, etc. another is the belief that Chicago's core of T/K/K is worlds superior than D/Z/K. I don't think that's true. The difference between our teams is the support players the Blackhawks have insulted their core with. An ever revolving door of important players from Teravainen or Kruger, Saad and Sharp, Shaw, Leddy, Rozsival, on and on. Some like Anisimov that teams have written off find life there.

I haven't read any response to this game yet but I got some food and drink set out am really interested peoples reaction. :popcorn:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
You're kidding yourself if you don't understand that those three are worlds better than D, Z, Kronwall at this point. Kane is the best player in the entire league right now. Toews is having a bad year by his standards but still on par with our declining Z. Keith is the best defenseman in the league and well Kronwall is uh....not even a top pairing guy anymore to put it nicely.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Except D and Z were skating circles around them shift after shift. Understood the walls eventually caved in but Datsyuk's line with 0 goals was -1. Larkin and AA were -2. The weakness was obviously there. We gush over all our prospects like TT and Gus but losing to the SC Champions in a blowout is sobering. I repeat my opinion: with more substantial support our "core" of D and Z is not that far below theirs. Problem is their "core" actually includes Hossa, Hjalmarsson, and Seabrook.

Kane learned everything he knows facing D,Z, and Lidstrom. Read his PG interviews the last 6 or 7 seasons. Chicago would not be who they are without copying/battling Detroit. Zetter eats up Toews for a mid-day snack. It's really the Shaws and Panarins that are superior to Abdelkader and Larkin which imo puts them ahead of us.

I'm most surprised by how well we played last night. I watch Blackhawks games here and there- they were on their groove. But the Wings were skating with them. I couldn't believe the energy Dats and Z carried, confounding the Hawks at times or if anything sharing 50-50 control.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Win: I love everything and everyone!

Loss: Blow it up, this team is terrible.

Win: This team is great!

Loss: Everyone sucks, trade them all.

Win: These guys are the best!

Loss: I don't know why anyone still cheers for this team, they're terrible.

So this is the way it goes. Serious question: Why does anyone even bother anymore? Why does anyone post anything at all? The usual suspects are what they are, and the status quo is maintained at all times... and there are those who wonder why the quality and quantity of posting on the Wings board has gone down over the years.

[...]

Way to exaggerate. Are we supposed to be happy after throwing the game away like that? The only guy that stood between us and getting the equalizer was Crawford, we're flying out there at times. Just until our C and A decided to take stupid penalties - no matter how u see Z's, latest Kronner shouldn't have done **** like that. And your PK just lets u down in that crucial moment, not once but even twice. That's just frustrating. As is, getting the 3-1 and not even trailing by two for five minutes until they score two more.

They rly need to win that second game on sunday.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The difference between our teams is the support players the Blackhawks have insulted their core with. An ever revolving door of important players from Teravainen or Kruger, Saad and Sharp, Shaw, Leddy, Rozsival, on and on. Some like Anisimov that teams have written off find life there.
It's pretty easy to have a revolving door of role players when you have such a good core, all young or in their prime. We did the same in the past. Think of all the d-men that passed through our roster next to Lidstrom/Kronwall, all the forwards that we switched out in supporting roles next to Yzerman/Fedorov and Dats/Z.

Brad Richards came in and played a good role last year for Chicago. How much of that was simply due to playing with Kane? 80% probably. How good is Panarin if he's not with Kane? Good probably, but nowhere near the same level. Kane feeds him tap in goal after tap in goal. Any scrub can play next to Toews-Hossa and look good, and their top 3D is set so the bottom 4D can be almost anyone with a pulse.

People overrated Chicago's handling of their roster as if they have some magic eye for talent. They don't. Just like we weren't doing something genius by having Brett Lebda on defense when we won the cup. It's just the kind of stuff you get away with when you have a strong core of players to build around.

Our supporting cast is good. Actually it's more than good enough. There are no true scrubs in our lineup on any given night.
Our team wouldn't turn into a legit contender if we added a Krug or Shaw or Roszival.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Turned it off after the Hawks wen't up 3-0. Wings looked pretty good and we're keeping pace. Petr let in a softie. And Crawford was more than stellar. PP needs to get going fast. Is it true that Granato isn't running the PP any longer?

Mr Pipe

Mar 1, 2008
I'll be at the game in Chicago on Sunday -- hopefully it's not an embarrassment like this one.

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
Anyone else feel like Petr might've hit a wall lately?
3 of his last 6 games he's allowed 5 goals. Save pct. under .900 in 4 of those last 6.

He just doesn't seem as sharp to me.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Larkin and Mrazek carried this team in the first half. They aren't now. That's all there is to it.

K, K, T >> D, Z, T. It's not negotiable. Dats can skate, but he cannot be counted upon to score when it matters. Never could, this is why his offensive production was the key to our team's success.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
3 of his last 6 games he's allowed 5 goals. Save pct. under .900 in 4 of those last 6.

He's too tired because he has to put up vezina like numbers

He just came back after a groin injury. Not sure about the other two games

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300

Agree. Time to run jimmy a little harder and give mrazek time to recoup. Mrazek seems at his best when he needs to prove something. Give jimmy the reigns for the last stretch and let Mrazek rebuild his confidence going into the playoffs

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Larkin and Mrazek carried this team in the first half. They aren't now. That's all there is to it.

K, K, T >> D, Z, T. It's not negotiable. Dats can skate, but he cannot be counted upon to score when it matters. Never could, this is why his offensive production was the key to our team's success.

What the heck is K, K, T?

How about D, Z, T? I assume D and Z is Datsyuk and Zetterberg but what's the T?

EDIT: Nvm, just read the previous posts and see that KKT is Kane, Keith, and Toews. Still don't know what the T is in the 2nd one though....

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Agree. Time to run jimmy a little harder and give mrazek time to recoup. Mrazek seems at his best when he needs to prove something. Give jimmy the reigns for the last stretch and let Mrazek rebuild his confidence going into the playoffs

I doubt his confidence needs to be rebuilt

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

Must be why last season he was 4th on the team in goals and just 6 goals away from the team lead.

And this year he is......4th on the team in goals and just 4 goals away from the team lead.

But ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad