GDT: Wings @ Kings 10:30 EST

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
These 12 minutes by the Wings have me questioning why I stay up this late when I have to be up at 6:30 for work....

I don't know if I will make it to the 2nd period, there is absolutely nothing happening from a Wings perspective.

Those 3 shots weren't exciting enough for you?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't still don't quite understand how the Kings are as bad as they are.

It's not like they should be competing for the Cup but just with Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Doughty, Martinez, Quick and some spare parts they should at least be out of the cellar.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
here's a crazy stat that I think... I believe only 1 of the starting 6 defenseman tonight will be a part of the top 6 defensemen next year (Cholowski)... Pretty Insane lol

Reactions: lomekian

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I don't still don't quite understand how the Kings are as bad as they are.

It's not like they should be competing for the Cup but just with Kopitar, Brown, Carter, Doughty, Martinez, Quick and some spare parts they should at least be out of the cellar.
Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Brown & Quick have pretty high mileage, but their lack of team speed has been an issue for 3+ years

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Frans is such a shell of his former self... Even when he came here, he was pretty under whelming but man... He just looks lost, unmotivated, out of shape.. Whatever it is. The guy has zero passion for the game, hard to remember the last time he made a plan that made me think about his hockey IQ or skill. Wish he would pull up his socks even a bit.

Reactions: decaguard

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Oof. Both Larkin and Mantha with terrible coverage on the goal. And honestly I think Larkin's was worse. He leaves his man (who's headed right for the net) to go puck chasing.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Can’t tell if it’s the long day at work or the way that we’re playing that’s putting me to sleep...

Outside of Green this game has been a snooze.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Absolutely pathetic period. Aren’t moving feet, can’t pass at all, every puck looks like a hand granade. How Nielsen is make 5+ mill is criminal absolutely criminal

Reactions: saska sault

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Brown & Quick have pretty high mileage, but their lack of team speed has been an issue for 3+ years
They definitely have a lot of miles, but that's why I thought this might be a bounce back year after seemingly taking last season off.

Even with the mileage, Kopi is 32, Doughty is only 29, and Martinez 32. Like I said I don't expect them to be competing for the Cup but it still seems like they should be fairing better than last place.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Oof. Both Larkin and Mantha with terrible coverage on the goal. And honestly I think Larkin's was worse. He leaves his man (who's headed right for the net) to go puck chasing.
That seems to be an ongoing issue wit the whole team. There appears to be no defensive system, it's Mites chasing the puck every time.

I watched the Caps game yesterday, they play good positional defense. Forwards trust the D to do their job.

I'm not sure if it's the coaching or if the forwards just don't trust the D and goalie. There is just way too much puck chasing by everyone.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
That seems to be an ongoing issue wit the whole team. There appears to be no defensive system, it's Mites chasing the puck every time.

I watched the Caps game yesterday, they play good positional defense. Forwards trust the D to do their job.

I'm not sure if it's the coaching or if the forwards just don't trust the D and goalie. There is just way too much puck chasing by everyone.
Agreed.

For as bad as the Wings blueline is, on that goal it was two of their best forwards who screwed up.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Frans is such a shell of his former self... Even when he came here, he was pretty under whelming but man... He just looks lost, unmotivated, out of shape.. Whatever it is. The guy has zero passion for the game, hard to remember the last time he made a plan that made me think about his hockey IQ or skill. Wish he would pull up his socks even a bit.
looks so checked out i hate seeing him on the ice

Reactions: saska sault

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
looks so checked out i hate seeing him on the ice

I never try to root against anyone wearing the Winged Wheel but the last few seasons really test a fan patience.. Abby has rebounded a tiny bit, just by putting a little more effort in the year. He still is a black hole but Frans can still skate and for the most part has produced as a middle 6 player for his career.. He literally looks scared to be on the ice, avoiding the puck and any contact. You can tell when a player isn't in the game emotionally, you almost try to stay away from the play because you fear you may have to make a play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad