Rumor: Wings had offer on the table for Barzal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'd offer sheet Barzal after next season, if a trade or an Islander extension doesnt materialize in between.
Do you know how many 1sts it would cost us to get that contract into un-matchabke territory? Not worth it for a team that might not even make the playoffs next year with Barzal.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Do you know how many 1sts it would cost us to get that contract into un-matchabke territory? Not worth it for a team that might not even make the playoffs next year with Barzal.
3 firsts would absolutely be worth it imo, if it allows us to get Barzal and keep Edvinsson.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
2 points vs us and +1.
0 points and -2 vs Bruins.
2 games, 2 points, no goals, -1.
12 goals all season long.

He is not worth Bertuzzi and 1st.

Let's follow him.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
2 points vs us and +1.
0 points and -2 vs Bruins.
2 games, 2 points, no goals, -1.
12 goals all season long.

He is not worth Bertuzzi and 1st.

Let's follow him.
But you don't trade specifically for his New York production. You take that into consideration, sure. But you trade for what you predict as his Detroit production. And if I thought Barzal would continue to be a 15-30-45 guy here, even with better linemates, I'd be far less interested.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Heard Yzerman is gonna fleece Lou anyways on draft night and will cement himself as KING of the General Managers... similar to Godzilla.

Reactions: Retire91

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
But you don't trade specifically for his New York production. You take that into consideration, sure. But you trade for what you predict as his Detroit production. And if I thought Barzal would continue to be a 15-30-45 guy here, even with better linemates, I'd be far less interested.
I never understood the endless Kuznetzov vs Wallin discussions, nor Hossa vs Franzen. You probably don't remember Kuznetzov vs Wallin but you and everyone else on this board remember Hossa vs Franzen.
I do not have time for such meaningless discussions.

I just started to follow Barzal and updated the thread.
I saw him one game vs us and he is fleshy for sure. But the stats say he is not as good as he is fleshy.
I will keep updating his stats next 10 games.
He is on pace for 16 goals this season.
In his prime he might be a 20-25 goals centre, but that is nothing to write home about.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Fleshy

1. having much flesh; plump; fat.
2. consisting of or resembling flesh.
3. Botany. consisting of fleshlike substance; pulpy, as a fruit; thick and tender, as a succulent leaf.

Interesting.

Joking aside, I’d love to add Barzal (at a price that doesn’t hurt too bad)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gniwder

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Fleshy

1. having much flesh; plump; fat.
2. consisting of or resembling flesh.
3. Botany. consisting of fleshlike substance; pulpy, as a fruit; thick and tender, as a succulent leaf.

Interesting.

Joking aside, I’d love to add Barzal (at a price that doesn’t hurt too bad)
That typo actually reminded me of a guy who wanted the Lions to take a safety even though he ran a really slow 40-yard dash time. He said he was fat and away the best player available at their pick.

Same way this one made you laugh, that got me.

In this case with Barzal, he's a really really good player. He is a better player than Tyler Bertuzzi at a much more valuable position. And if you could acquire him with Bertuzzi being the main piece going back, you would either get Barzal and let him take advantage of line 2 matchups or you would let Larkin take those. It would help out both of them and you've got Raymond, Vrana, Berggren, potentially Soderblom, and others who can pick up the slack on the wing.

Listen, I get not wanting to give up on Bertuzzi, but you don't get better players if you aren't willing to deal away something good. Even if you think Barzal and Bertuzzi are equal, Bertuzzi is eventually going to pay the piper with his hard-nosed hockey style. He's going to hit a wall hard and fast (because what makes him good is his willingness to bang, go to dirty areas, and take punishment. He's already had a pretty serious back injury and he has one of the most punchable faces in hockey.

Frankly, it almost comes down to me not wanting one of the better scorers/players on my team also being the f***ing pest that other teams will strike out at. Like, it was great having Maltby, Draper, and McCarty being able to get under the other team's skin and then you run your super-skilled PP out there when their punchable faces draw penalties.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
That typo actually reminded me of a guy who wanted the Lions to take a safety even though he ran a really slow 40-yard dash time. He said he was fat and away the best player available at their pick.

Same way this one made you laugh, that got me.

In this case with Barzal, he's a really really good player. He is a better player than Tyler Bertuzzi at a much more valuable position. And if you could acquire him with Bertuzzi being the main piece going back, you would either get Barzal and let him take advantage of line 2 matchups or you would let Larkin take those. It would help out both of them and you've got Raymond, Vrana, Berggren, potentially Soderblom, and others who can pick up the slack on the wing.

Listen, I get not wanting to give up on Bertuzzi, but you don't get better players if you aren't willing to deal away something good. Even if you think Barzal and Bertuzzi are equal, Bertuzzi is eventually going to pay the piper with his hard-nosed hockey style. He's going to hit a wall hard and fast (because what makes him good is his willingness to bang, go to dirty areas, and take punishment. He's already had a pretty serious back injury and he has one of the most punchable faces in hockey.

Frankly, it almost comes down to me not wanting one of the better scorers/players on my team also being the f***ing pest that other teams will strike out at. Like, it was great having Maltby, Draper, and McCarty being able to get under the other team's skin and then you run your super-skilled PP out there when their punchable faces draw penalties.
It all depends on what Lou thinks of his team. If he thinks their window is the next 3-4 years he might value Bertuzzi a lot, if he thinks their chance is in 2-3 years he will make moves accordingly.

I know way too little to say much about their team.
I have used 2 min. I see they have chara and greene, they are 45 and 39? They went deep in the playoffs, but now they miss it.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Game 3 vs bolts no points -1
3 games 2 points -2.

We already know what Barzals stats look like in the NHL over the past 5 seasons. Not sure what you think you are accomplishing here.

We know that he and every other player on the Islanders have been struggling to put up points. We are already aware Barzal has only paced for around 60 points over the last 2 seasons on a team who has 174 goals on the season compared to the worst team in the league (Arizona) with 167 goals on the season.

Not sure why you think posting his stats for next 10 games is going to change our opinions.

I've watched probably around 20 games when he played in the WHL, another 40 times in the NHL. I'm willing to to trade for him regardless of his current production and believe Larkin and Barzal would combine for a very solid 1-2 punch down the middle.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
We already know what Barzals stats look like in the NHL over the past 5 seasons. Not sure what you think you are accomplishing here.

We know that he and every other player on the Islanders have been struggling to put up points. We are already aware Barzal has only paced for around 60 points over the last 2 seasons on a team who has 174 goals on the season compared to the worst team in the league (Arizona) with 167 goals on the season.

Not sure why you think posting his stats for next 10 games is going to change our opinions.

I've watched probably around 20 games when he played in the WHL, another 40 times in the NHL. I'm willing to to trade for him regardless of his current production and believe Larkin and Barzal would combine for a very solid 1-2 punch down the middle.
Aw man...

Sometime you gotta let things go. The guy is basically adimitting he's never watched this guy play and is stat watching with no concept of reference.

Reactions: haulinbass

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Aw man...

Sometime you gotta let things go. The guy is basically adimitting he's never watched this guy play and is stat watching with no concept of reference.
You watch every team and every player in the league?

The point is that Barzal has regressed since his rookie season and I say he won't turned it around.
People believe, specially islanders fans that he is a 35-65 player, he is a 20-40 guy.
He is on pace to score 2 PP goals, which is laughable bad.

Barzal really impressed vs us outplaying Velano, but vs top dogs he went big ZERO and -3.

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018

The point is that Barzal has regressed since his rookie season and I say he won't turned it around.
People believe, specially islanders fans that he is a 35-65 player, he is a 20-40 guy.

Barzal really impressed vs us outplaying Velano, but vs top dogs he went big ZERO and -3.
Hahahaha: One you're too young for me to argue with you but just one time!

1). Seeing Barzal play has nothing to do with watching every team and player in the league. So your smart comment actually has no point or merit to you not watching Barzal or being familiar with him.

2). LOL! He literally has never been a 20-40 point guy unless you wanna count the shorten season totals where he got 45 points out of 55 games. Easily a .75 point per game player for his entire career(actually higher). multiple that by 82 games and his point total is never under 40. (It's 60).

3). YOU and your analytic skills are absolutely laughable.

People may decide Barzal isn't good enough to trade for and that's actually totally fine! Making up total bull crap isn't though.

• Haha
Reactions: 14ari13

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

He has 30 assists right now. If he didn’t score another point in the next month, he’d surpass 40 points in what is clearly a very down year on the Isle.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He has 30 assists right now. If he didn’t score another point in the next month, he’d surpass 40 points in what is clearly a very down year on the Isle.
20 goals 40 assists. I thought it was just common on this board to say 35-65 for a player who is a 100 points player.

There is no need for discussion, at least not for my part. I have no chance to watch other teams and players. I just check the stats.
I say no to Bertuzzi and 1st for Barzal. And I also say Barzal will not be as great some people think.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Done.

Not going to keep this open to argue a stat sheet. If rumors come up about Barzal between now and the draft, we can start another thread.

Reactions: Frk It and Gniwder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad