Confirmed with Link: Wings extend with Lashoff - 3 years, one-way, $725k/yr

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How are people against this signing? Lashoff is young (22), and fills a role that is not well represented on this team (big defensive d that can pk).

Even if he maxes out as a #6 D who can PK, his contract is worth peanuts. I don't get it.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
How are people against this signing? Lashoff is young (22), and fills a role that is not well represented on this team (big defensive d that can pk).

Even if he maxes out as a #6 D who can PK, his contract is worth peanuts. I don't get it.

Cuz he's not that good.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan

I think he has been pretty crappy so far, but the signing doesn't bother me too much as long as it doesn't mean Kindl is gone.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cuz he's not that good.

He's getting played way over his head because of injuries. If he only played 3rd pairing minutes he would look fine. And there's a decent chance he's going to get better.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hmm, is it that the front office is filled with brainless pom pon wavers? Or could it be that Bob is overly critical? The latter is far more plausible to a rational thinker.

Babs and the front office have a track record of success. The anonymous HF Boards trolls? Not so much. ;)

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Wow this is at 6 pages? When I saw it earlier I was just like "Oh, ok." He's been far from great but it's not like they weren't gonna re-sign him. And he's only making Meech-esque money. So it's not a big deal.

Hopefully Babs' man crush on him wears off eventually and he's a 6-7th Defenseman

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Wow this is at 6 pages? When I saw it earlier I was just like "Oh, ok." He's been far from great but it's not like they weren't gonna re-sign him. And he's only making Meech-esque money. So it's not a big deal.

Hopefully Babs' man crush wears off eventually and he's a 6-7th Defenseman

Babs man crush is still in full force with Danny Cleary. It will never go away.

He is Mike Babcock's project. For better or worse, hopefully it pans out.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Young #6~#7 D getting paid as #6~#7 D.
I don't see any problem with this.

If his play goes down hill just waive him.
He is basically young Huskins who is playing a lot more minute than he should because of injury.

I wouldn't trade White before Q.
I think Kindl will become a fine D for some other team.
He won't be able to do that with us
- too many bodies
- too many offensive D
- Babcock doesn't like him

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
More offense than Quincey and White. Most hits among defensemen. 3rd in blocked shots. 4 PIMs. 19 minutes per game. Fewer PPGA than Kronwall, Ericsson, and Quincey and has the 3rd most PK TOI/G.

He's ****ing terrible.

Sign and trade.

Compliance buyout.

Jesus, Holland has lost his last marble.

Fire everyone!!!!!

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
More offense than Quincey and White. Most hits among defensemen. 3rd in blocked shots. 4 PIMs. 19 minutes per game. Fewer PPGA than Kronwall, Ericsson, and Quincey and has the 3rd most PK TOI/G.

He's ****ing terrible.

Sign and trade.

Compliance buyout.

Jesus, Holland has lost his last marble.

Fire everyone!!!!!

:laugh:

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
I like this. If he sucks those bucks are as easy to bury as Hoffa. If he becomes a permanent nhler 3 years at that price is a steal.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Trade KFQ and Glass Bottle Cola. Keep Kindl and Lashoff as the third pairing with Huskins as the #7 D.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It is under 900K, so it really doesn't matter what you think of this deal. If he bombs or plans go a different way, he can be waived and he doesn't count even if he clears waivers.

I think he will get waived by the end of this deal, too many guys with upside hunting him in the organization and if they sign DeKeyser he is basically a more talented version with bigger upside.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Hopefully Babs' man crush on him wears off eventually and he's a 6-7th Defenseman

Yeah I was like, wait a second, there's 120 posts about Lashoff, I bet his mom doesn't have that much to say about him. :laugh:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
i hope this is not true, for most part I've been able to accept and/or understand their decisions even if I don't agree with them (ie. waiving Mursak, extending Lashoff, Abdelkader on a top line etc.), but if they really send Tatar down I will be truly disappointed.

This kid has competed frickin' hard virtually every game he has been in the line up this season and he has done well on the third line, and shown that he wants to compete night in and night out and play with the big club, he deserves to be rewarded at this stage, not demoted back to the AHL. I'm going to chalk this up to just words and that their actions will show otherwise, oh please be the case LOL

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/02/red_wings_reward_young_defense.html

he said they will have no 23-man roster issues to worry about for some time because they have the flexibility to send down forwards tomas tatar and joakim andersson.

That's just Kenny being Kenny :laugh:. All that talk about "taking someone's job/spot in the lineup" really only works if you don't plan on demoting the kids who are making a difference as soon as a few vets come back healthy.

When (if?) Helm makes it back this year, I'm fine with Andersson going back down. I kinda like that he probably increased his trade value by playing well in his stint so far. But it's fairly obvious that Tatar doesn't make this team better, right? We don't need actual offensive talent and sick hands on the 3rd line if everyone's back, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad