Confirmed with Link: Wings extend with Lashoff - 3 years, one-way, $725k/yr

RedWingsNow*

I kinda understand where the Kindl > Lashoff posts come from, and in terms of puck skills it's not close. But to pick on Lashoff to me seems strange, I agree. He's proving that he can stick around in the league, might never be anything special but someone you are fine playing. Every player doesn't need flash and immense upside.

Playing Lashoff is fine if you don't mind giving up goals by the boatload and never scoring.

RedWingsNow*

On a bit of a side note, I feel like this teams defense isn't shooting enough, or at least getting pucks on the net. Kronwall leads the team with 27 shots, good for 50th in the league. Next up is Kindl with 17 shots, good for 108th.

Jonny E is tied for 5th in the league in even strength points. Pretty good considering how few he had all last year (11)

Kronwall is tied for 15th in ES points with 6.

Kindl is tied for 31st in the league in ES points with 5. Good considering who he plays with and how little games he's played and how little icetime he's had,

In general, our defensemen average 1 to 1.4 shots per game.
The better offensive defensemen in this league average 2 or more.

Kronwall, Kindl and Smith average 1.4 shots per game. Surprised by kronwall's total
White is at 1.1, too. That's surprisingly low.
Ericsson is at .7... Very low

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Good deal, although I'm surprised it's so long. Good for him, he's worked his butt off to get to where he is now, after going undrafted.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
3 years? eek

i'd be pretty indifferent about this deal but I think the term shows that they're much higher on him than I am so I don't like it

really don't think i'll like having Lashoff around for that long

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
If this contract doesn't include a NTC or a NMC, this is a great move by Holland and co. Lashoff was in no way an asset prior to this season. He could've been waived without consequence. But with experience playing 15-20 minutes a night, a 6'3" 210 lb body, and a cheap contract that covers ages 23-25, he can suck and still be a relatively attractive trade asset.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Wow. Dumb deal.

I'm no Detroit-fan. But isn't it better to try to steal this kid now when his price is low? It's not exactly a deal that will handcuff you for years even if he totally flops. If he played this whole season logging 20 minutes a game his price would probably be alot higher in the sumer.

Low risk, high reward?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm no Detroit-fan. But isn't it better to try to steal this kid now when his price is low? It's not exactly a deal that will handcuff you for years even if he totally flops. If he played this whole season logging 20 minutes a game his price would probably be alot higher in the sumer.

Low risk, high reward?

High reward? Medium reward imo.

mukluks

Oct 18, 2011
Good signing, low risk and I expect him to improve to some degree. Doesn't prohibit any future moves.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
3 years? eek

i'd be pretty indifferent about this deal but I think the term shows that they're much higher on him than I am so I don't like it

No, the term shows that Holland and co. took advantage of Lashoff's lack of leverage.

If Lashoff DOES get better, this contract is a ****ing steal of a deal by the last year, maybe two.

If Lashoff does NOT get better, the contract is still in line with what a #7 Dman would make.

RedWingsNow*

Poor Kindl. :shakehead

Not poor Kindl.
Poor Red Wings and Red Wings fans.

The Wings will be worse off with Lashoff. Kindl will land somewhere and make a name for himself and, I'm quite sure, turn into a fine top 4 defenseman.

I see 10 Goal 40 point seasons in his future.

Not in Detroit.

Lashoff.... He hasn't shown me he's even got the skill/motor to be a depth guy in the NHL

RedWingsNow*

How is it dumb? It's basically the minimum he could be making at this point.

I don't like that its a one-way deal.
I'd love to hear what Lashoff's agent said to force Kenny into that one.

"Make it one way or we show the pictures of Babcock"

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It's not "nitpicking him"

It's calling an AHLer what he is. An AHLer.

He's been awful. He's out of position all the time.
The team can't score goals when he's on the ice because they're too busy running around their own end.
Guys skate right by him with the puck like he's not there.

He's a plug. Maybe he learns. But I don't think so.

Hes up a year earlier than the wings would usually have him playing and hes been on the top pair most of the year. Hes not a plug, hes being overused. If he was being used as the 6thdman and PK minutes no one would have a problem with him. And by the looks of that contract thats all theyre going to be paying him to do

RedWingsNow*

Hes up a year earlier than the wings would usually have him playing and hes been on the top pair most of the year. Hes not a plug, hes being overused. If he was being used as the 6thdman and PK minutes no one would have a problem with him. And by the looks of that contract thats all theyre going to be paying him to do

Well, we disagree.
I'd like to see him headed back for Grand Rapid when this team gets healthy.

Something's gotta give. Hopefully the Wings don't screw around with him in the lineup much longer.

Babcock finally realized he was hurting Kronwall and the team on the top pairing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010
The only thing a two-way deal does is to decrease his AHL salary. It's not going to keep him from being waiver exempt.

Since when?

I was under the impression a two way deal means he can be sent down without having to clear waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad