Wings coaching rebuild: Houda and Torchetti new assistants

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Don't see why he wouldn't. Bedard calmed him down immensely. Or mrazek did that. Either way. While he was where. Mrazek was challenging for the vezina. He trailed off alittle the more games he played. (Due to being a rookie). And blash played him while he was injured for 3-4 games

That or you could look at the fact our #1 goalies have fallen apart for several years in a row now down the stretch.

I don't think Bedard has been that great that they wouldn't consider moving on from him. Well I mean clearly that was their position today.

Blashill has a goalie background, maybe he wasn't all that impressed with Bedard's work and could explain it to a fellow trained goalie in Holland in a way that he agreed.

Also like others have noted, maybe Mrazek and Howard weren't glowing of Bedard in the exit interviews.

We spent most of the year complaining about special teams play and various inconsistencies. I am glad they have changed the staff, hopefully they select the right guys and move forward. I look forward to the changes. For everybody that screams old boys network and country club atmosphere the moving on from Bedard is a pretty big change from the norm.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We call it Maize :sarcasm:

Everyone *****es they want changes, so now the Wings are making them, and it's like wuhhh? Bedard was fine, why'd they get rid of him?

Never happy

I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering why

People want changes from the garbage crap to good stuff. I don't see anyone complaining about ferschweiler gone

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That or you could look at the fact our #1 goalies have fallen apart for several years in a row now down the stretch.

I don't think Bedard has been that great that they wouldn't consider moving on from him. Well I mean clearly that was their position today.

Blashill has a goalie background, maybe he wasn't all that impressed with Bedard's work and could explain it to a fellow trained goalie in Holland in a way that he agreed.

Also like others have noted, maybe Mrazek and Howard weren't glowing of Bedard in the exit interviews.

We spent most of the year complaining about special teams play and various inconsistencies. I am glad they have changed the staff, hopefully they select the right guys and move forward. I look forward to the changes. For everybody that screams old boys network and country club atmosphere the moving on from Bedard is a pretty big change from the norm.

Only this year have they really fallen apart. Don't remember pre lockout. Not bedards fault Howard sucks. Hopefully holland goes Jim harbaugh and replaces a top 5 dc for the number one dc

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
She's crazy. And that's a pretty dumb reason to think so. Goalie coaches aren't all that

Obviously if there was a good deal to trade Howard Holland would do it. I don't think we need to speculate anymore about Howard's future here considering his comments at the end of the season.

No doubt in my mind Howard has already asked to be traded.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Obviously if there was a good deal to trade Howard Holland would do it. I don't think we need to speculate anymore about Howard's future here considering his comments at the end of the season.

For sure he has. But speculating he's going to be traded cause a goalie coach is gone is just. :laugh:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

of course he has and if he hasent then we shouldnt want him because who wants a pro athlete that isnt a competitor.

the writing is on the wall and howard knows it, demand a trade and move on

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
She rarely writes anything she is not told to as far as I can tell (should be read as my opinion on her work, not accusing her of being Mitch Albom or something worse).... So I take this as a good sign!:handclap:

yea that's why i thought it was interesting. I doubt she would have mentioned it if the wings had no intentions of moving him

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
yea that's why i thought it was interesting. I doubt she would have mentioned it if the wings had no intentions of moving him

She knows nothing. No one told her anything. She's a poor writer that makes illogical connections and assumptions.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
People are reading too much into the Bedard decision. He most certainly did not get fired because of the performance of our goalies this season. My money says that they asked Pete if he wanted Bedard as a coach and he said no.

If that's the case, then they are really falling into amateurism.

Players should never get to dictate who the coach is.

That would be crazy.

Input? Yes, but not more than that.

There should always be some unpredictability between coach and players. Yes, players should feel comfortable to a certain degree, but not too comfortable if that makes sense.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Bedard had been there 18 years. Holland probably saw it as an opportunity to bring in new blood along with revamping the entire coaching staff minus Blashill.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Bedard gone is kind of a big thing and a good move. We do need change just for the sake of it. The newly formed Toronto "braintrust" must be giving the Wings pause. When our braintrust is Devellano, Ryan, Holland, and Draper, there is something very wrong. The Wings should open up more positions within the organization (like as mentioned in the comments made here about investing into our scouting personnel). Get perspectives from all different backgrounds. It starts by admitting they need help which thankfully the Wings are doing.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Bedard gone is kind of a big thing and a good move. We do need change just for the sake of it. The newly formed Toronto "braintrust" must be giving the Wings pause. When our braintrust is Devellano, Ryan, Holland, and Draper, there is something very wrong. The Wings should open up more positions within the organization (like as mentioned in the comments made here about investing into our scouting personnel). Get perspectives from all different backgrounds. It starts by admitting they need help which thankfully the Wings are doing.

Agreed. Love or hate Babcock one of his better habits was to bring in people with fresh ideas, even if it meant they may leave after a season or two. Even if it meant hiring an opposing coach he almost got in a fight with.

He was a big proponent of bringing in new people with new ideas. The Wings could use more of that throughout their organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad