Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Jacob de la Rose off waivers

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
According to Kahn and HSJ:

-Daley ready for tomorrow (so he comes off IR)
-DeKeyser expected to miss a couple more games (probably goes on IR)
-Daley in
-Hicketts out
-Rasmussen back in
-Frk back out

Maybe Hicketts goes down?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
from EliteProspects (in his draft year):

A true team player and leader. de la Rose always gives 100% and leads his team with his intensity and work ethic. Has an edge to his game and does not shy away from the rough stuff. Has good timing in his hits. Sound defensively. Not likely to become a high scoring player, as he is not a natural scorer, but his strong two-way and forechecking ability along with his attitude makes him a very valuable part of any team. (EP, 2013)
Sounds like exactly the kind of player Wings management goes for (for better or worse). Hopefully the change of scenery will do him good.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Hopefully he does just need a change of scenery. Let’s give him a good look; he can’t be worse than what we currently ice.

Reactions: Larkin1578

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
f*** it, Ehn to 2C and put this kid at 4C. Hell throw Nielsen there, f*** em.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Realistically, which old/expensive bottom 6 player is going to get replaced? I don't see Abby/Helm/Glenny getting moved/waived. Coaching/management love them too much.

especially considering Abby/Helm have bad enough contracts that the Wings would not only need to toss a guy they like but retain money to do so in order to move them

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
DLR played great hockey after the Plekanec trade last year. I didnt want the Habs to re-sign Plecky because I knew this meant he would lose his place. With Kotkaniemi making the team and with Peca surpassing him on the dept chart, DLR 's career with the Habs seemed over. Alot of Habs fans think he could pull a William Karlsson 2.0, but I really doubt this could happen. Hes good defensively, good speed, not that physical for his size. I wish good luck to DLR with you guys.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Habs fan chiming in.

DLR is pretty good defensively and skates very well for his size, seems very coachable too, he had some offensive potential but was rushed by the morons we had at the time, won't do much offensively in consequence. Can hit pretty hard when he wants to, and he was even crashing the net last season at timea, which was nice to see. One of the few players we had with size, oh well...

Maybe a fresh start elsewhere will do him good, probably won't ever be a world-beater, but hey, who knows.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I would have rather called up Turgeon, but this isn't the end of the world. Would rather have used the high waiver priority on someone who doesn't top out as a 4th line player though. Not that it would have happened, but you never know with waivers.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I would have rather called up Turgeon, but this isn't the end of the world. Would rather have used the high waiver priority on someone who doesn't top out as a 4th line player though. Not that it would have happened, but you never know with waivers.
Who is going to be young and a top 9 player to hit the waiver wire?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Would rather have used the high waiver priority on someone who doesn't top out as a 4th line player though.

I don't believe there's a "back of the bus" rule after a waiver claim. At least, I can't find anything that says so. I think if you have priority, you maintain it as the standings dictate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad