Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Jacob de la Rose off waivers

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
He can play wing and C. Can be a C on third line tops. Hope he takes off in Detroit.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Alot of Habs fans dont seem the happiest that he got claimed. Theyre saying after Plekanec got traded last year he played really well as a third line center. Maybe theres more here than most think right now. Hes still only 23

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Before Nov 1st, your 17-18 performance matters.
After Nov 1st, your 18-19 performance matters.
Ok. I got it now. Thanks. So that means worst teams from last year didn't put in a claim for De la Rose? Because weren't we like 5th worst last year?

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Alot of Habs fans dont seem the happiest that he got claimed. Theyre saying after Plekanec got traded last year he played really well as a third line center. Maybe theres more here than most think right now. Hes still only 23

Very good defensively even at 19 yo he played a nearly perfect defensive game. He has no offensive upside, it's really a problem, even for a 4th liner he's crippled offensively.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I could have sworn Jacob De La Rose has been in the league for like 10 years. But apparently he's 23.

Maybe there is a baseball player with a similar name that I'm confusing him with.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Very good defensively even at 19 yo he played a nearly perfect defensive game. He has no offensive upside, it's really a problem, even for a 4th liner he's crippled offensively.

Pretty much how I've always seen him, when still a junior you were thinking he would maybe improve enough offensively and one day become a 2nd line C. But that never happened. That stuff about 4th line might be a stretch though.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
I think you guys will like him. He has more offensive potential than he has shown. He played with offensive wingers at the WC and did very well. He can be a Zach Hyman type player with skilled players where he will use his speed, physical play and smarts to retrieve the puck and be in a good position.

Preferably he would do that in a 3rd line role but he can play in any role and bring speed and defensive play.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I think you guys will like him. He has more offensive potential than he has shown. He played with offensive wingers at the WC and did very well. He can be a Zach Hyman type player with skilled players where he will use his speed, physical play and smarts to retrieve the puck and be in a good position.

Preferably he would do that in a 3rd line role but he can play in any role and bring speed and defensive play.

Unfortunately he won't get much help here at all, so hopefully he can do a lot of that on his own.

bert2z

Dank budz and death metal.
Jan 22, 2013
Michigan
I could have sworn Jacob De La Rose has been in the league for like 10 years. But apparently he's 23.

Maybe there is a baseball player with a similar name that I'm confusing him with.

I think Zach Da La Rocha every time I hear or see his name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad