Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Jacob de la Rose off waivers

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Alot of Habs fans dont seem the happiest that he got claimed. Theyre saying after Plekanec got traded last year he played really well as a third line center. Maybe theres more here than most think right now. Hes still only 23
He had 8 points in 23 games. It was his highest point per game clip in the NHL or AHL...but he was flat this year, didn't have a good camp and didn't show much on the ice. Too many guys 2% better than him.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
He had 8 points in 23 games. It was his highest point per game clip in the NHL or AHL...but he was flat this year, didn't have a good camp and didn't show much on the ice. Too many guys 2% better than him.
What do you mean 2% better? And De la Rose has 8 in 23?When?

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
What do you mean 2% better? And De la Rose has 8 in 23?When?
After the trade deadline last year, he put up 8 points. The number of games was actually 20 games.
Jacob De La Rose

As for the 2%, I'm trying to say that Montreal has a lot of players that are slightly better than De La Rose. Unfortunately, nothing more than slightly better.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I heard they are just waiting for his Visa. That doesn't really answer your question but I think he will be available before November if I had to guess.

He'll be a good player for you guys, does a lot of little things well and doesn't cheat or cut corners.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He's on the active roster as of this morning, his work Visa came through. Not sure if he'll be in the line-up against the Jets.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I bloody hope not, Ehn has been one of the few bright spots on this squad.
Ehn TOI the last 3 games: 8:09, 6:19, and 6:48.

Not much of a bright spot. Although he looked good in preseason, hasn't done much in October and his ice time has vanished.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I bloody hope not, Ehn has been one of the few bright spots on this squad.

Eh, he was a bright spot in that he exceeded expectations early on but his play wasn't really moving the needle one way or another. Hopefully spending some time in the AHL will allow him to develop a little more offense. I'm not really expecting him to turn into a high impact offensive type but if he can develop a bit more offensive IQ and scoring touch he can become a valuable piece in the bottom half of the lineup.

Last edited:

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Granted expectations were low.

But him making team was due to his defensive play not for offensive prowess. I liked the effort he was putting out every on a nightly basis, actually back checking and the like.

Its not like he was putting up numbers back in Sweden. Mursak played on the same team putting up 5 more points than Ehn while playing 35 less games.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
So we're replacing Ehn with a waiver wire pickup, sent Hronek down to Grand Rapids, and replacing Rasmussen with Frk.

Not sure how I feel about all these just yet, but interesting nonetheless.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Silver lining re: Ehn is that he'll most likely play with Zadina which I think will be good for both.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Granted expectations were low.

But him making team was due to his defensive play not for offensive prowess. I liked the effort he was putting out every on a nightly basis, actually back checking and the like.

Its not like he was putting up numbers back in Sweden. Mursak played on the same team putting up 5 more points than Ehn while playing 35 less games.

Mursak is a very good player though, he had good numbers in the KHL. His problem was health, but to me he is a NHL caliber player still to this day.

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad