Confirmed with Link: Wings claim Jacob de la Rose off waivers

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think De La Rose fits in well with the 4th line and brings more balance. At 6'3'', 207lbs he'll take Svechnikov's place for the moment.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I like it. Always thought he had potential. Maybe a change of scenery is all he needed. Hopefully this means that Rasmussen is off to Tri-City. I can't say this enough, let him go have fun in junior and win some games, and go play at the juniors instead of being part of this mess.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
To me it's interesting that this comes up a day after we learn that Svechnikov is going to miss most of the season.

-Are they adding C depth to the NHL roster because they want to send Ehn down to GR?
-Are they done with the AA at C experiment and want another guy that can fill in at the bottom 6?

I thought he already cleared waivers and was sent down to GR.

They called him back up like a day later. He's still "clear" and can go back down for another couple of weeks or so. I think his waiving and demotion had more to do with the team trying to finagle as much relief as possible from LTIR and SOIR, and there wasn't any risk since Witkowski would likely never get claimed.

Depth C. Wonder who is on the move

The options are basically:

Witkowski - down to GR since he cleared waivers
Rasmussen - back to junior
Ehn - down to GR

I don't it would impact any Dmen since demoting a Dman to make room would give them 15 healthy forwards on the NHL roster.

I think it depends on what they plan on doing with JDLR. If they just want him for pressbox depth, then Witkowski is the logical choice. If they want him to take up a regular spot, then Ehn or Rasmussen moving makes more sense.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
It sounds like Daley is ready to return too. Maybe Hicketts and Sulak go to grand rapids?

Lots of options really

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
I remember watching him at the WJC years ago... I thought he was becoming a star, hopefully a fresh start helps him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad