Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Bolts | 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Dang I will miss the start of the game should catch the third though. Woohuu!

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm guessing he's there in part to help Larkin with the faceoff load. Abby and Nyquist don't take faceoffs.

Nice to see Zetterberg on the wing, at least to start. Though it should still probably be 2nd line.

Yeah that's true with this being Larkin's first season at the Center spot having Sheahan up there with him might not be a bad thing. The kid does have a wicked wrister just needs to use it more.

Oct 18, 2006
Athanasiou as the extra forward? This is going to be another great season with Blash.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
The only players I'm really rooting for are Larkin, Mrazek, and the rest of young guys. I'm at the point where I don't give a **** about the team, only the players

I cant bring myself to root for another team, but deep down I'm kinda hoping for the streak to end

I hope the streak lives on for years and years. :nod:

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
I hope they never miss the playoffs ever again.

80 year streak and counting when I'm on my deathbed.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The only players I'm really rooting for are Larkin, Mrazek, and the rest of young guys. I'm at the point where I don't give a **** about the team, only the players

I cant bring myself to root for another team, but deep down I'm kinda hoping for the streak to end
That is just sad. They could ice 18 clones of Dan Cleary and I'd still root for them to win the cup. But have fun rooting for the young guys for a few years until they're no longer young, then you can root for the next wave of young guys instead of the team.
Athanasiou as the extra forward? This is going to be another great season with Blash.
When pretty much every forward in that lineup performed well in pre-season I can't be too upset with the decision. It's Game 1, and no one should have expected AA to play 82 games this season. I expected 50+ going into the season and it looks like he'll get a very good chance at more than that, which is great.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
And here I am praying to the hockey gods that the lightning somehow miss the playoffs the next three years, Kenny is "promoted" after a 1 year buffer(or interim), and Stevie Y comes home.

Oh lord, wouldn't that be a dream come true. I'm definitely not rooting for the Wings to lose, but I do feel like if the Wings just barely make the playoffs and lose in the first round with little to no improvement in a lot of areas I'll be extremely disappointed.

This should be a really important season, but I feel like management is fine with status quo.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
As I said on the AA thread, not surprised that AA is the extra forward. It's classic Blashcock. Why waive Pulkks and Frk for AA to sit in the presser?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Can't believe they didn't fix the D during the off-season, team will be as mediocre as past years... if you don't change anything - things won't get fixed.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
D pairings make sense to me. Green-smith gets all the o zone starts. E-XO get mostly d zone starts. DD-march play everywhere and get a ton of minutes.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Lol Blashill sorry but Sheahan in the top 6 this is just wrong he's a bottom 6 Center/Winger at best. Sheahan and Nyquist need to be switched here. And that defense looks pretty bad with Kronwall not out there.

It looks about the same as it did before honestly. Kronwall seriously sucks at this point in his career.

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
Glad to have hockey back, not really expecting much out of the Wings this year though. Roster is very underwhelming and defense is just bad.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why isn't Vanek up there with Nielsen and Zetterberg? Don't they know both played on the same line when they were with the Islanders? And it was one of their best lines. Can't wait to see Tatar turn over the puck and not score. Vanek is a proven sniper.

Last edited:

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Why isn't Vanek up there with Nielsen and Zetterberg? Don't they know both played on the same line when they were with the Islanders? And it was one of their best lines. Can't wait to see Tatar turn over the puck and not score. Vanek is a proven sniper.

Was.

Tatar was one of Team Europe's best forwards in the WCOH, whereas Vanek did nothing of note.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Feel pretty sick seeing Sheahan on the second line. Nyquist had a great preseason.. Blashill probably wants the team to have 3 scoring lines just like last season, will he never realize that the wings aren't good enough yet, last season it resulted with no line scoring.

Just stack 1st and 2nd line with scoring ability God dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad