Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Bolts | 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2006
Feel pretty sick seeing Sheahan on the second line. Nyquist had a great preseason.. Blashill probably wants the team to have 3 scoring lines just like last season, will he never realize that the wings aren't good enough yet, last season it resulted with no line scoring.

Just stack 1st and 2nd line with scoring ability God dammit.
Totally agree. It's maddening. We simply do not have the scoring prowess to be attempting to roll 3 scoring lines.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I like the lines. Sheahan has looked like a potentially good scorer. He just has trouble creating offense while carrying his own line. With Larkin and Abby doing work he is much more free to shoot and screen.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I like the lines. Sheahan has looked like a potentially good scorer. He just has trouble creating offense while carrying his own line. With Larkin and Abby doing work he is much more free to shoot and screen.

Agree, I hope he's able to start generating a bit more offense, now that he doesn't have C responsibilities.

Really, the only disappointment about the lines for me, is who's in the press box.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Season is finally here!

182870-footloose-Kevin-bacon-lets-dan-3f8p.gif

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar
Even with all my disdain regarding the organization's direction and decising making, can't help but be excited that NHL hockey is back!

Let's Go Red Wings! Hoping for a great start for Larkin,it's vital for the team that he doesn't fall in into a bad sophomore slump.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Couldn't ask for a better game 1 and test for the Red Wings. Tampa Bay is at the top of the NHL with their skill and speed. Game 7 vs. Penguins was that close I can understand them being favorites again this season. Their forward depth is just scary, especially with Drouin who I feel has quickly become their best player.

The Wings' best chance is in outworking other teams. Yeah yeah I hear the skill vs. hard work argument but hopefully we can surprise a lot of doubters. Go Red Wings!

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Wow didn't know that was still a thing. Are any of the old timers still around like stone,wojo or regner? Haven't listened to them since moving away from the metro area about 15 years ago.

stoney and wojo have full time gigs on 97.1 the ticket. regner i think does spot duty on 1130 WDFN and appears every once in a while on channel 4's sunday sports show

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
I am in love with these lines. That third line is going to be like drinking a Red Bull, just explosive.

Not a fan of a Smith and Green on the same line though, but DD and Marchenko is a much more solid first line

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Properly excited.

I wish we didnt get Lightning as our season opener. Could have used more time fine tuning our system before our D are subjected to their offence. However, we might be able to surprise them at the same time.

Our last man back, someone who just raced back to retrieve dumped puck, someone who just won a corner battle, needs to head directly in front of net and make sure they clear crease. Our F prolly wont be there to mark down that spot.

Also need to clear crease better in general. Last playoff, we got killed by Johnson throwing puck at the net and some guy banging it in.

Drouin wants guy to focus on him so he can pass it to Kucherov on the side. If I had to choose, I rather Drouin take the shot.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
No surprises

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5m5 minutes ago

#Redwings lines at practice:
Tatar-Nielsen-Zetterberg
Abdelkader-Larkin-Sheahan
Nyquist-Helm-Vanek
Ott-Glendening-Miller
Athanasiou (extra)

We saw last night what a digger (Hyman) can add to a line. I fully expect Sheahan and-or Abdelkader to be just that for Larkin. And I'm excited to see Vanek-Nyquist in action for real, they had some chemistry against Toronto during the preseason. Lastly, with that 4th line, the Bolts won't do as much running around, I can guarantee you that. Is it old school? Sure. Does it work? Sure does, look at what Lucic did yesterday for McDavid.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Blash on lines and ice time distribution going into the season:

As for his lines, he said the team “will be a four-line team” and “the minutes will be a little better distributed” than they were last season, when time on ice still heavily favored Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg.

“I think we’re going to have to win as a team. Among the four lines, we’re going to have to have depth of scoring,” Blashill said.

“And we’ve got to be real good at being merit based.

“I’ve said to John Torchetti, you’re going to have to scream at me on the bench if you think that a line’s playing that I’m not playing enough. We’re not going to be centered around one or two superstars, we’re going to be centered around a team concept.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp.../10/12/red-wings-chance-better-team/91973892/

Pretty much agree with his assessment there. The Wings have no Star players and average to below average blue line, so they're gonna have to play a tight team game to have any success this season. It's also encouraging that it seems like he's gonna focus on doing a better job managing ice time. Decreasing Tats' and Goose's minutes last season, despite them both being the top goal scorers on the Wings the previous season was kinda baffling.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He says that but Miller/Glendening/Ott isn't going to be putting up great numbers, despite whatever preseason might have some people believe. So depth scoring from the 4th line? Probably not.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
He says that but Miller/Glendening/Ott isn't going to be putting up great numbers, despite whatever preseason might have some people believe. So depth scoring from the 4th line? Probably not.

Is scoring goals the only way a line can be successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->