Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Bolts | 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I was hoping kucherov didn't get a contract signed in time. Hopefully he doesn't kill us like he did in the playoffs

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I'm expecting pretty much this season, what we've seen for the last 2 seasons with little change. Makes me glad I'm only able to watch the train wreck whenever it's nationally televised.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I'm really excited for this season. No Datsyuk, Blashill in his 2nd year, a ton of question marks, and low expectations. With Z on the downturn and playing on the wing, Datsyuk gone, and Kronwall - by his own admission - not healthy enough to play big minutes, its a whole new ball game. We can't just go back to what worked under Babcock because the players themselves are no longer capable of that.

The way I see it, we either flounder and finally get to see what Holland is made of when the whole hockey world has eyes on him (and they will be if we aren't solidly in the playoff hunt) OR we succeed because the non-Hall of Famers stepped up in a big way.

Either scenario is really exciting to me.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Screw the haters, I am still really excited for the year... Complete unknown which is fascinating.

I do think the two new assistant coaches will have a major impact, plus most importantly freaking Ferschweiler is gone ha

If, a big IF, the D can hold their own I think we have a very good chance to make the playoffs again. I know that is not the goal, I expect more, but it's a start.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I'm expecting pretty much this season, what we've seen for the last 2 seasons with little change. Makes me glad I'm only able to watch the train wreck whenever it's nationally televised.

I'm gonna pm you some streams every game.

We can't just go back to what worked under Babcock because the players themselves are no longer capable of that.

I feel the exact opposite. Babcock's system works great with less skilled players. He did a lot to improve The Leafs underlying numbers with his abysmal roster last year. It's the run and gun game where you need top flight talent which we lack. We can't execute crisp passing and breakouts or even cycling.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Will this game be on Fox Sports Go?

I saw a billboard near the Palace saying that Pistons and RedWings games would be on there.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 9m9 minutes ago

Brendan Smith returns to practice for #RedWings and is on one of the power-play units with Niklas Kronwall out for Thursday's opener.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 4m4 minutes ago

#RedWings power play units:
Tatar-Nielsen-Zetterberg, Vanek (net front), Green
And
Nyquist-Larkin-Sheahan, Abdelkader (net front), Smith

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Brendan Smith returns to practice for #RedWings and is on one of the power-play units with Niklas Kronwall out for Thursday's opener.

And

Interesting seeing Sheahan on the second PP, how exactly is he going to be used if he's not the net front guy?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

And

Nice to finally see Green on the 1st PP unit where he should've been last year as well that's why we're giving him the big $6 million per To quarterback the 1st PP unit.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Interesting seeing Sheahan on the second PP, how exactly is he going to be used if he's not the net front guy?

It looks like we've gone back to the 1-3-1 PP we had a lot of success with 2 years ago. I imagine he's going to be playing on his off wing and being told to use that shot of his that doesn't come out often enough. He's got a wicked wrister, and can one-time the puck realgud too.

That and winning battles for the puck in the corner.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
No surprises

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5m5 minutes ago

#Redwings lines at practice:
Tatar-Nielsen-Zetterberg
Abdelkader-Larkin-Sheahan
Nyquist-Helm-Vanek
Ott-Glendening-Miller
Athanasiou (extra)

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 3m3 minutes ago

#RedWings defense pairs at practice:
DeKeyser-Marchenko
Smith-Green
Ericsson-Ouellet
Sproul (extra)
Kronwall is not skating.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

And

Green on the first PP... Hallelujah. Might have to scoop him in Fantasy. But I do have Tatar, whop appears to be on both our 1st line and 1st PP unit. Light it up bud!

I like both of these units, personally.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
AA is the 13th forward. Lovely.

He'd sure look good in Abbys position with Abby on the 4th and Miller/Ott sitting.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Good, let Sheahan do other things than only play the grinder role. When it comes to untapped potential on the roster I think he has some of the most. He needs that push to use his shot and playmaking ability more than he does.

AA is the 13th forward. Lovely.

He'd sure look good in Abbys position with Abby on the 4th and Miller/Ott sitting.
For game 1. He could still play 81 NHL games this season. And I mean, this lineup is still undefeated.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Good, let Sheahan do other things than only play the grinder role. When it comes to untapped potential on the roster I think he has some of the most. He needs that push to use his shot and playmaking ability more than he does.

For game 1. He could still play 81 NHL games this season. And I mean, this lineup is still undefeated.

The only problem being, That we're playing against Tampa tomorrow night and AA should be in the lineup.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Let's Go Red Wings, End of an era at Joe Louis Arena.

This.

I've been about as critical of Holland as anyone but I'm still excited for Red Wings hockey.

I want to see what Larkin can do this year. If Tats and Nyquist have bounce back years. Mrazek develops consistency. Enjoy watching Nielsen on the team. Blashill hopefully leaning less on the tired old vets.

This team may be an overpriced bubble playoff team, but I still go into the season hoping I'm wrong about all my complaining! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad