Confirmed with Link: Wings announce Roster & Taxi Squad

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
That roster is about as boring as it gets. Not even any young guys to pull for outside of Zadina.

I look forward to changing the channel every time the bottom six is on the ice
Just proof that the past handful of years we haven't had any significant luck at the draft.

Seider might just be our lone bonafide star.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Maybe they're just assuming he's injured again, lol. I mean it's always more probable that he's injured than healthy.

No news on DDK, I think it's a mistake. He's on the WIngs' announced roster.
Likely a paper transaction to facilitate all the movement is my guess, not "a mistake" by Capfriendly.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Funny thing is that it's a huge improvement over last season. Pretty sad.

Well, all newcomers are technically 3rd pairing "improvements", Stall is old and moldy and DeKeyser is already on IR, per Cap Friendly, and he is named Noodles for a reason.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Likely a paper transaction to facilitate all the movement is my guess, not "a mistake" by Capfriendly.
Capfriendly has him on IR, not LTIR which means roster space but no salary relief, and the Wings are at 21 players, so that doesn't make sense either.... unless he actually is injured again, lol. If he's injured, we're gonna wish they picked up Sbisa.

RUles:

16.11 Injured Reserve List/Injured Non-Roster.
(a) The Injured Reserve List is a category of the Reserve List. A Club may place a Player on the Injured Reserve List only if such Player is reasonably expected to be injured, ill or disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player for a minimum of seven (7) days from the onset of such injury, illness or disability. A Player who finishes an NHL Season on the Injured Reserve List and continues to be disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player by reason of the same injury at the time he reports to the Club’s Training Camp in the next League Year, will again be eligible to be placed on the Club’s Injured Reserve List. For any other Player who fails the Club’s initial physical examination in any League Year, or is injured, ill or disabled while not on the Club’s Active Roster, he shall not be eligible for, and may not be placed on, Injured Reserve, but instead shall be eligible to be, and may be designated as, Injured Non-Roster.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Capfriendly has him on IR, not LTIR which means roster space but no salary relief, and the Wings are at 21 players, so that doesn't make sense either.... unless he actually is injured again, lol. If he's injured, we're gonna wish they picked up Sbisa.

RUles:

16.11 Injured Reserve List/Injured Non-Roster.
(a) The Injured Reserve List is a category of the Reserve List. A Club may place a Player on the Injured Reserve List only if such Player is reasonably expected to be injured, ill or disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player for a minimum of seven (7) days from the onset of such injury, illness or disability. A Player who finishes an NHL Season on the Injured Reserve List and continues to be disabled and unable to perform his duties as a hockey Player by reason of the same injury at the time he reports to the Club’s Training Camp in the next League Year, will again be eligible to be placed on the Club’s Injured Reserve List. For any other Player who fails the Club’s initial physical examination in any League Year, or is injured, ill or disabled while not on the Club’s Active Roster, he shall not be eligible for, and may not be placed on, Injured Reserve, but instead shall be eligible to be, and may be designated as, Injured Non-Roster.
As I said "IR" & "paper transaction" in my prior post. (meaning roster spot opening) etc.

You're mentioning LTIR & salary, not me.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This afternoon CAP Friendly did not have DD on IR
When I posted it 2 hours ago, it DID have DDK on IR...just as it does now, still.

upload_2021-1-13_0-27-44.png

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
That roster is about as boring as it gets. Not even any young guys to pull for outside of Zadina.

I look forward to changing the channel every time the bottom six is on the ice

Next year when Zadina and Raymond are here ill start buying the centre ice packages again...

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I got charged for NHL.tv today, approx $110 to watch this shitty team (and every other NHL game).
Bout to be hockey on almost every night til May baby!

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I believe the answer is no.

Players on taxi squads can be put on the active roster as late as 5 p.m. ET on a a game day, giving clubs a better chance to having four lines, three defensive pairings and two goaltenders even if rosters take a hit because of COVID-19 protocols. The player on the active roster would have to be out due to injury.

or waived.
According to the Montreal Gazette "Players can move freely between the taxi squad and the NHL roster, but call-ups must be made prior to 5 p.m. on game day." I don't believe you need waivers or be injured to move back and forth after the season starts.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Seems weird to have Ras and Smith on the taxi squad and not playing games. Probably more to come

I'm guessing the taxi squad was set up the way it is to start the year because the AHL season won't start for another 3 weeks. That way guys like Smith, Rasmussen, Cholowski and Lindstrom can potentially get some NHL games in if they need to recall taxi squad guys before the AHL season starts.

I'm betting that when the AHL season starts:

-One of Pickard or Boyle will go from the TS to GR
-If they haven't graduated to the main roster for whatever reason, the 4 skaters currently on the TS will go to GR so they can play in games and the TS will get repopulated with some of the more veteran guys

I'm also guessing that when Djoos gets added to roster and Helm and Ryan are healthy, Brome goes to the TS or GR, or they waive and TS one of Erne or Biega.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
According to the Montreal Gazette "Players can move freely between the taxi squad and the NHL roster, but call-ups must be made prior to 5 p.m. on game day." I don't believe you need waivers or be injured to move back and forth after the season starts.
That might be the case, I can't find the actual wording of the taxi squad rules, just articles.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
That might be the case, I can't find the actual wording of the taxi squad rules, just articles.

Regular waivers on the moving from regular roster to Taxi squad. It works just like movement between AHL team. No difference.

If players goes trough, then regular 30 days time to free movement as much up and down as you want.

This is informed in capfriendly.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Regular waivers on the moving from regular roster to Taxi squad. It works just like movement between AHL team. No difference.

If players goes trough, then regular 30 days time to free movement as much up and down as you want.

This is informed in capfriendly.
I still think that waivers only apply to the initial move to the taxi squad, then free movement from taxi to bigs and back is free range.

edit: Because teams would be afraid to use it and the number of back to backs, free movement is almost required

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad