Confirmed with Link: Wings announce Roster & Taxi Squad

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Helm and Djoos listed as Non-Roster? Does that mean they are being sent to AHL? If so, doesn't that mean Djoos gets sent back to Anaheim?

Or are they just injured?

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Djoos would have to clear waivers again before being assigned to the taxi squad.

I dont think they need to put him on waivers, Wings still have an open spot that I assume he will slide right into. It wont be until Helm comes back that they will need to waive someone.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
That roster is about as boring as it gets. Not even any young guys to pull for outside of Zadina.

I look forward to changing the channel every time the bottom six is on the ice

You must have forgotten last years opening night roster lol.

Last edited:

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Assuming when Djoos gets out of quarantine and Helm is healthy that Biega is sent down and that’s the final 23 as they are only at 22 right now. Thought and hoped svech would be on taxi squad tho.

Does anyone know if you can just play taxi squad players over regulars for instance can wings just have rass in over a Nielsen or Erne even if those 2 are healthy?

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Assuming when Djoos gets out of quarantine and Helm is healthy that Biega is sent down and that’s the final 23 as they are only at 22 right now. Thought and hoped svech would be on taxi squad tho.

Does anyone know if you can just play taxi squad players over regulars for instance can wings just have rass in over a Nielsen or Erne even if those 2 are healthy?
I believe the answer is no.

Players on taxi squads can be put on the active roster as late as 5 p.m. ET on a a game day, giving clubs a better chance to having four lines, three defensive pairings and two goaltenders even if rosters take a hit because of COVID-19 protocols. The player on the active roster would have to be out due to injury.

Last edited:

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So Djoos & Helm make 23 when Biega is sent to taxi & replaces a G.

upload_2021-1-12_20-7-15.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysses31

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
That roster is about as boring as it gets. Not even any young guys to pull for outside of Zadina.

I look forward to changing the channel every time the bottom six is on the ice

My guess is SY has 10 more months to start incorporating substantially better players throughout the roster before guys start looking for exits.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Seems weird to have Ras and Smith on the taxi squad and not playing games. Probably more to come

The compressed NHL schedule is going to be quite busy(almost every other day). I think they will have plenty of opportunity to get playing time in the NHL especially with injuries forthcoming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The player on the active roster would have to be out due to injury.
or waived. Basically roster limits still apply, they could easily put Nielsen on the taxi squad and Raz on active any time they want because nobody is going to claim Nielsen, and Raz is exempt. Same with Erne and Biega.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My guess is that they are there until the AHL gets going. Just keeping them close by so they can get practice time with the big club, instead of going into “stasis” waiting for the AHL to start its training camp
That would also explain why they kept an even number of goalies.... practice.

Reactions: golffuul

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad