GDT: Wings and Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
The Leafs are already ****ing amazing and they started rebuilding just before tonight's game. I hear they're winning a Cup sooner than us, right after Tampa.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Wouldn't mind healthy scratching abdelkader he's beyond useless. Good contract tho haha

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Chris Osgood while they are showing that candid shot in between commercials:

"Can one of you guys help me stay focused please"

Yep, he's a goalie.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
"rebuilds take 10 years."

Not if you do it right. Shanaplan under budget and ahead of schedule.

Leaf fan coming in peace. Leafs rebuild got accelerated by getting #1 pick in a strong draft year. Without Matthews this team would still be bottom 5. I like the "shanaplan" and Babcock but they got gifted Matthews + Marner in the past 2 drafts. I think a quick rebuild is a lot more luck then some master plan.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
woop te do brad marchand may be suspended. Rather have the refs do their job and toss his last night

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The Leafs are already ****ing amazing and they started rebuilding just before tonight's game. I hear they're winning a Cup sooner than us, right after Tampa.

TML are so damn good, they have like 14 shots on goal against us, While Boston, who sucks royal balls, only had like 43 shots on goals against us when we weren't tired from playing B@B games.

Wow TMLs are so damn amazing. They so damn good, they don't need lucky bounces of Ericsson's ankle. They invented GOOD

We should all feel gracious our team gets to even share the ice with such an awesome team like the Toronto Maples Leafs, the next coming of Christ.

WFIAA

Aug 2, 2016
Leaf fan coming in peace. Leafs rebuild got accelerated by getting #1 pick in a strong draft year. Without Matthews this team would still be bottom 5. I like the "shanaplan" and Babcock but they got gifted Matthews + Marner in the past 2 drafts. I think a quick rebuild is a lot more luck then some master plan.

I agree that Matthews in particular was a huge boost to the rebuild, but that said, Toronto is better than I expected this season. I still don't think Babs is all that, but if he can win a Cup with the Leafs in the next 3 seasons, I will be proven wrong.

I'd wish you good luck, but to be honest, I can't, I hate the Leafs lol.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
To be fair, Toronto had Nylander established as well as took advantage of a guy like Matthews coming in.

But yeah, it sucks to watch a team reap the rewards of a dedicated rebuild.

The Leafs were already really bad when Shanahan took over. He didn't purposely take them from a playoff team to a bad team. If you can't see the discern the difference between the Leafs and the Red Wings (prior to this season) situations then I don't know what to tell you.

The Red Wings are finally really bad this season like the Leafs were when Shanahan took over. And, gasp, I bet Holland will approach things differently this offseason now that his team is in a different situation.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The Leafs were already really bad when Shanahan took over. He didn't purposely take them from a playoff team to a bad team. If you can't see the discern the difference between the Leafs and the Red Wings (prior to this season) situations then I don't know what to tell you.

The Red Wings are finally really bad this season like the Leafs were when Shanahan took over. And, gasp, I bet Holland will approach things differently this offseason now that his team is in a different situation.

They were bad but they also got rid of a bunch of veteran guys to facilitate the rebuild.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The healthiest team in the entire NHL beating the most injured team in the entire NHL.

One team getting all the lucky bounces, another team have all the unlucky bounces going against them.

Story of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad