GDT: Wings and Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
They were bad but they also got rid of a bunch of veteran guys to facilitate the rebuild.

That's much easier to do when you have nowhere to go but up obviously. This offseason, the Wings will finally be where the Leafs were when Shanny took over. Let's see how they react first before crucifying them.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Hey Leafs fans, this isn't about you or your team, really. It's about the "see what happens when you tank right" when we lose to a team with "a brighter future".

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
The same Holland that won 4 Stanley Cups? I'd say he knows more about winning than the Leafs who have what, 53 whopping points in the mighty Atlantic division? Lol
Wayne Gretzky holds almost every scoring record there is to achieve in the NHL.

That doesn't mean he'd be an All-Star if he laced up the skates tonight.

All success holds a statute of limitations, and the Wings have regressed enough that it's time for major changes.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wayne Gretzky holds almost every scoring record there is to achieve in the NHL.

That doesn't mean he'd be an All-Star if he laced up the skates tonight.

All success holds a statute of limitations, and the Wings have regressed enough that it's time for major changes.

Well Shoot, guess Scotty Bowman should have retired before he won the cup again in 2002... because, well obviously, he was too old to think the game like your puzzling "Grezkey example".

Dammit Bowman, why didn't you get the memo from jkutswings before it was too late and you won that cup!!!!!1 :cry:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Well Shoot, guess Scotty Bowman should have retired before he won the cup again in 2002... because, well obviously, he was too old to think the game like your puzzling "Grezkey example".

Dammit Bowman, why didn't you get the memo from jkutswings before it was too late and you won that cup!!!!!1 :cry:

Scotty bowman was brilliant because he adapted and changed how he coached to reflect changes in the game and it's players

Ken Holland hasn't been doing that,

But difderence

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings are just too injured this season. They need points every game... but I don't know.

Kudos to Leafs for having the healthiest season in the entire NHL, though. Must be nice.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
The same Holland who won 4 Stanley Cups? I'd say he knows more about winning than the Leafs who have what, 53 whopping points in the mighty Atlantic division? Lol

So does he have lifetime immunity because of those 3 Cups as GM?

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I am not interested in Leafs fan coming here during the game to tell me how a team should properly tank. Tanking is gutless.

There were quite a few Leafs fans who were against tanking altogether.

The same anti-tank fans are head-over-heals in love with Auston Matthews.

Tanking is good, if you do it right.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Wings are just too injured this season. They need points every game... but I don't know.

Kudos to Leafs for having the healthiest season in the entire NHL, though. Must be nice.

I'm going to ask you again. What are the Wings' man games lost without accounting for Franzen or Vitale?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Point out a single poster on this board who's happy with the current team and is against major changes for the better.
I'm attempting to fight the notion that things like, 'bad luck', and 'excessive injuries', and 'bad calls by the refs' are the major factors of this team's situation.

There is a major dearth of talent on the roster.

Over the last 5 years, the modus operandi has been largely ineffective at replenishing said talent, particularly at the two most important pieces (1C and 1D).

Therefore, I suggest that the plan needs an overhaul. Not everybody feels the same way, and would prefer a more moderate approach. YMMV.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Scotty bowman was brilliant because he adapted and changed how he coached to reflect changes in the game and it's players

Ken Holland hasn't been doing that,

But difderence

You do realize it's only been 9 years since Holland won his last cup?

You see the cup half empty
I see the cup half full

Wings are having a down year and have some good prospect in the system. They will be on up-rise again without having to do the TML and Oilers traditional tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad