Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Nick Leddy (mod warning post #224)

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Defense is a lot harder than offense, and this team sucks at covering for a defenseman that decide to join the rush. You don't want to ruin a defensive prospect by rushing him like the Sabres always do. The Wings also did it with Cholo. Once the league finds a weakness they'll exploit it. Seider is exceptional because he really doesn't have a weakness. I don't think Edvinsson is at that level.

GR or sheltered NHL minutes I think the first season.
I think the best thing for Edvinsson's development if he starts in the NHL would be to partner him with Lindstrom. Then if he proves he's an exception like Seider we can move him up. I agree, no sense in rushing the guy. I also think Johansson will compete with him for that spot.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Defense is a lot harder than offense, and this team sucks at covering for a defenseman that decide to join the rush. You don't want to ruin a defensive prospect by rushing him like the Sabres always do. The Wings also did it with Cholo. Once the league finds a weakness they'll exploit it. Seider is exceptional because he really doesn't have a weakness. I don't think Edvinsson is at that level.

GR or sheltered NHL minutes I think the first season.
Edvinsson may not be quite on Seider's level of polish, but he's no Cholowski either. He plays some of the most ES minutes in the SHL as well as being a very good penalty killer. Given the quantum leap of development he's had from last season to this it's also too early to say much about where his game might be at 6 months from now.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
There was a goal scored against in the first 10 games or so, where a 5-foot-nothing forward leaned into DeKeyser off a rush and angled him right into the slot where the guy took a shot and scored. Ken and Mickey commented that it was a great play and nothing DeKeyser could have done there. I immediately thought he could have bodied him up and either pushed him over or boxed him out, and then quickly realized that, yes, there was nothing specifically Danny DeKeyeser could have done there.
I mentioned one situation and specified
1. Which game
2. Which situation
3. Which players

So if I am wrong so anyone on this board could easily point out that I am wrong.
I think that a hockey player should not allow to himself to
1. Read the situation so badly
2. Get so badly outmuscled

Even if you can provide the video of the situation I am not sure there is anything to discuss. I am not eager to discuss Kuznetzov and Wallin (leddy and DeKeyser).

People on this board believe that Stecher is a top 4 defender. The guy is lucky if he gets signed by any team in the league.

Leddy might have a stronger 2nd part, but this 1st half has been horrendous for him.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I mentioned one situation and specified
1. Which game
2. Which situation
3. Which players

So if I am wrong so anyone on this board could easily point out that I am wrong.
I think that a hockey player should not allow to himself to
1. Read the situation so badly
2. Get so badly outmuscled

Even if you can provide the video of the situation I am not sure there is anything to discuss. I am not eager to discuss Kuznetzov and Wallin (leddy and DeKeyser).

People on this board believe that Stecher is a top 4 defender. The guy is lucky if he gets signed by any team in the league.

Leddy might have a stronger 2nd part, but this 1st half has been horrendous for him.
Yet Stecher was top pair with Owen Power and looked every bit as competent playing with that level of talent, at the World Championships. I think Stecher is an easy replacement/bridge, for us, if we decided to move on from Hronek. On a Cup contender he's probably a 3rd pair guy but definitely not an AHL'er.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yet Stecher was top pair with Owen Power and looked every bit as competent playing with that level of talent, at the World Championships. I think Stecher is an easy replacement/bridge, for us, if we decided to move on from Hronek. On a Cup contender he's probably a 3rd pair guy but definitely not an AHL'er.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

He will not get signed, he is done.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He hasn't even played this year, due to injury.
Stecher has played 6 games, that's how he got injured. IIRC he got pinched into the end board glass.... or maybe I just remember my own injury playing indoor 5 vs 5 hockey, lol. If you have your hand on the glass and someone traps your arm into the glass, it hurts like hell.

I'm old, I get confused. But he did play, I checked.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Stecher has played 6 games, that's how he got injured. IIRC he got pinched into the end board glass.... or maybe I just remember my own injury playing indoor 5 vs 5 hockey, lol. If you have your hand on the glass and someone traps your arm into the glass, it hurts like hell.

I'm old, I get confused. But he did play, I checked.
From what I remember he had a nagging injury from before the season started (probably at the World Championships) and it just never got better, which is why they opted for surgery. So, in my mind, he hasn't really played this year. Playing around an injury that required a 4+ month rehab is pretty significant and I'm willing to absolve whatever games he "played" this year, so far, in favor of seeing how well he did for us, last year, so we can see what he would be like with a better defense corps (albeit still very bad)

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Stecher is the epitome of a replacement-level player. Decent enough skater who can play in transition, but otherwise can't defend nor provide offense. He only plays in one zone. He's a warm body.

Reactions: sepster

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

He will not get signed, he is done.

Stecher guaranteed gets an NHL deal next season, maybe not with us, but someone. Have you seen the d that teams sign. You are acting like Stecher is worse than about 300 other blueliners in the NHL here, he is not.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Nick Leddy @ $5.5M
Not a good defensive defenseman.
He can move the puck and pass.
But if you're counting on this guy to play big minutes, expect another -42 season.

Honestly, what the f***. They should have given us a 2nd.
Only went -33 thanks to the trade deadline.
But we got our second back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad