Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Nick Leddy (mod warning post #224)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like it at a first glance. Which one of our 2nd rounders is thus?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Like Leddy & happy to help my NYI (childhood/#2 team).

Why was the cost a 2nd if he wasn't gonna be protected? 30yo, UFA in '22.
Would've rather gotten a younger Graves for the extra 3rd, or better yet, wait for another deal.

Maybe Panik is a bit of negative I guess?...(same $ & cap spread over 2 yrs vs. 1) is the only thing I can think of.

EDIT: & 50% retention? WTH?

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
An awful trade, the pick should've been going the other way. Leddy hasn't been more than replacement level in years and isn't better than someone like Merril. I'm sure he was held in higher regard around the league, but he is not the player that he's assumed to be. I guess even Steve has to have a miss every now and then too.

If Steve wanted a depth D you can go into FA and overpay someone like Edler on a 1 year deal instead of given up assets for Leddy.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Like Leddy & happy to help my NYI (childhood/#2 team).

Why was the cost a 2nd if he wasn't gonna be protected? 30yo, UFA in '22.
Would've rather gotten a younger Graves for the extra 3rd, or better yet, wait for another deal.

Maybe Panik is a bit of negative I guess?...(same $ & cap spread over 2 yrs vs. 1) is the only thing I can think of.
my thought is he will be flipped at deadline for the same late second = free rental to mentor seider

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
An awful trade, the pick should've been going the other way. Leddy hasn't been more than replacement level in years and isn't better than someone like Merril. I'm sure he was held in higher regard around the league, but he is not the player that he's assumed to be. I guess even Steve has to have a miss every now and then too.

If Steve wanted a depth D you can go into FA and overpay someone like Edler on a 1 year deal instead of given up assets for Leddy.
A 52nd overall is unlikely to produce a player that will ever make the NHL. They wanted someone to buoy a shit defense for a season. Not really a big deal. And if he puts up decent offensive numbers, he could be flipped at the TDL as an playoff experienced defender that every team wants at the TDL

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00