Post-Game Talk: Wings 1, Leafs 4, Bozie with the Shorty, we Win

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
i think that is the case, especially when he's asked a torcher question, because there legit this huge pause, and then it's. [cliche line].

I don't blame him -it just drives me nuts

Polak is having a MRI, and he's "out for awhile"

c.r.a.p.

This is the one guy we can't lose.

Boy oh boy, for a fragile defence group to lose Polak is huge.

terrible news. terrible.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Pretty well why I can't listen to the post-game interviews with Phaneuf. It's just not good....I can get trying to not be controversial, but there has got to be a better way to go about it.

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The only goal against was a ******-ass play where Polak got injured and his man raced to the net.

Solid tight-checking game otherwise.

Really hope they bring it against Pittsburgh on Wednesday. The last two losses against them have left a bad aftertaste.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm not sure scoring goals should be rewarded. That's what you're supposed to do.

You can't even believe this crap you're posting do you? You say Kadri can't produce against worse competition, when he steps up, takes the body of and pokes the puck past Detroit's best defenseman, leading to a goal.

And oh, he's supposed to do that. Don't forget he can't produce against crappy competition.

Oh look Bozak scored an empty netter, oh baby what a display of beauty.

Bozak's shorty, and Holland's nice shot on the rush were nice goals, but lets not act like a great play by Kadri leading to a goal by someone else can just be brushed aside while you make up lies about him

You would have thought Kadri had touched that puck in the collision.

Bozak got an assist the other night, mind you he did have his stick on the puck, in a similar play when van Riemsdyk scored.

Kadri is doing the little things in the defensive zone, but that has impacted his scoring opportunities. Ask Grabovski about Carlyle coaching him into a 3rd. line role.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Bozak got an assist the other night, mind you he did have his stick on the puck, in a similar play when van Riemsdyk scored.

Kadri is doing the little things in the defensive zone, but that has impacted his scoring opportunities. Ask Grabovski about Carlyle coaching him into a 3rd. line role.

The way good teams are built today, you should be able to put your 2nd/3rd line on without noticeable difference. there shouldn't be a Kadri/Holland debate. We need all our center depth.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The only goal against was a ******-ass play where Polak got injured and his man raced to the net.

Solid tight-checking game otherwise.

Really hope they bring it against Pittsburgh on Wednesday. The last two losses against them have left a bad aftertaste.
I didn't like how the play kept going right before the goal since Polak was laying down on the ice. Now maybe it was not stopped since it happened so fast, however it reminded me of last year when Dave Bolland got injured in Vancouver and the Canucks scored a few seconds later.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Anyway, to get back on topic, it is good to see competition for positions, right now Bozak has the top line, and the real competition (at the moment) is for ice time between Kadri and Holland.

That is a good thing contrary to what some want to suggest.

Last edited:

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I didn't like how the play kept going right before the goal since Polak was laying down on the ice. Now maybe it was not stopped since it happened so fast, however it reminded me of last year when Dave Bolland got injured in Vancouver and the Canucks scored a few seconds later.
Yeah I don't think he he was down long enough to blow the whistle, unfortunate.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so we're on to Pittsburgh. (our last game too).
i really hope we can take the play to them and get the win. :nod: it would be a good confidence builder.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
So glad Holland is getting a fair shake this year. Kid has a lot of talent and he's a diehard Leaf fan

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
fatguykc.gif

Royals fans got nothing on these soccer fan-atics.

UnlawfulWillingAntbear.gif

YNI6J.gif

Feels good mane!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
so we're on to Pittsburgh. (our last game too).
i really hope we can take the play to them and get the win. :nod: it would be a good confidence builder.
Unlike their last game we know that Pascal Dupuis won't be playing and he scored their two goals for them. :sarcasm:

Seriously though at least the last time they played Pittsburgh they didn't allow them any Power Play goals, so hopefully they continue that trend. Plus if they get a 4-1 lead I don't want them blowing it. I still remember last year they were winning by that score in Pittsburgh and the Penguins scored a few Power Play goals in a row and one was when Malkin shoved Bernier into the net before getting the puck.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Raps beat LeBrick for the first time in 16 tries and Leafs beat the Dead Things for the first time since the Winter Classic almost a year ago.

Celebratory beats!!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He played 9 seconds more than Holland.

Well it was a little more than that but he got more power play time too. 4 shots,a couple nice hits and got demolished by Detroit centers again though on face offs. Blocked some shots.

Holland wad good too. That's suits me just fine. I hope they play well enough to battle each other all season for ice time. Perfect if it happens actually.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
It's almost like... we have adequate center depth. Alas, we can't go one day w/o a Bozak vs Kadri argument. Now Holland is added to the mix.

This game they all looked good. Wait until they are all -2 in a future game and the depth will disappear for all us leaf fans. Panik mode will kick in again.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

Has happened to him quite a bit now. Starts the scoring with a great play but no point. Zero points on the power play. He even got robbed bad by Howard.:laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
some talk on the radio:

the reason why things are very antsy in Leafland: they've been home a lot. a lot of this tension should dissipate and go back to only 1/2 crazy once they go on the road for awhile,

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I thought that the 4th line really played well in the time that they played. Leivo and Smith played well. Not a lot from Panik though.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Also, I think that Gardiner played one of his best games of the year. He looked more confident with the puck and made subtle little plays to escape trouble. Really a nice change into what the Leafs expected they were getting with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad