Speculation: Winger for JT and KO!

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Give Bailey a shot.

Players get confidence playing with JT.

Although, you can't really argue against Brock. He's big, goes to the net, and can score dirty goals.

I think people are overlooking this.

Since Tavares' 3rd season(the year where he officially entered that 'elite' tier), he's yet to have one linemate score or pace under 60 points. Brad Boyes was the lowest at 60(35 in 48 games, which is a 59.79 pace). The next lowest is Parenteau, at 67 points. I'd like to think that Bailey is somewhere between those two players as far as his ability/talent goes.

I know he's never eclipsed the 35 point mark, but obviously playing with Tavares changes things for most players. Especially when you consider that prior to this year Okposo was basically a 40 point player over his career, and now is on pace to hit the PPG mark.

Can't hurt to give him a try, especially when the season at this point means nothing outside of player development and finding the right combos.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
I think people are overlooking this.

Since Tavares' 3rd season(the year where he officially entered that 'elite' tier), he's yet to have one linemate score or pace under 60 points. Brad Boyes was the lowest at 60(35 in 48 games, which is a 59.79 pace). The next lowest is Parenteau, at 67 points. I'd like to think that Bailey is somewhere between those two players as far as his ability/talent goes.

I know he's never eclipsed the 35 point mark, but obviously playing with Tavares changes things for most players. Especially when you consider that prior to this year Okposo was basically a 40 point player over his career, and now is on pace to hit the PPG mark.

Can't hurt to give him a try, especially when the season at this point means nothing outside of player development and finding the right combos.
Put Josh on JT's wing for a year, and people will forget all about Boyes. Shooting keeps me from doing what I do best-I could not find the exact quote, but some Pee Wee coach should have set him straight decades ago.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Man, do I ever miss Oleg Kvasha. If Oleg was here, everything would be alright. :cry:

I thought Oleg was mike milbury's pool boy / driver. Oh what it would be like to have a chance to sit down with Oleg, share a dinklesomethinglager ,and reflect on where it all went wrong.
There is a legend that if you say his name 3 times he will appear. Oh wait that was candyman the movie.
I think Oleg could have been a vanek type player if. I will stop at if.
Winger for JT= cal clutterbuck . What's the difference at this point. You guys are right about not putting a rookie on that line, so why not cal? Bailey is just a buzz kill.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Put Josh on JT's wing for a year, and people will forget all about Boyes. Shooting keeps me from doing what I do best-I could not find the exact quote, but some Pee Wee coach should have set him straight decades ago.

I really can't wait until Vanek gets dealt. Not because I'm excited about what we'll get in return(which I am), but because of the crow Bailey will begin to serve up:

tumblr_mc9bnjrZIw1qam5vs.gif

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
I really can't wait until Vanek gets dealt. Not because I'm excited about what we'll get in return(which I am), but because of the crow Bailey will begin to serve up:

why because he will put up points? So did boyes anf everyone else. The point of Vanek was to max JTs production. Now he will be back in the look how good he is with those guys...

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Snow will get fleeced on the trade, that is a given. As to Josh, you have watched him play, right?
Are you the same guy who predicted Josh would have a banner in the rafters, like Trottier and Company?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
why because he will put up points? So did boyes anf everyone else. The point of Vanek was to max JTs production. Now he will be back in the look how good he is with those guys...

Why are you so sure that Bailey will 'just' put up points? Is that what Okposo is doing? KO was put in a position to succeed and ran with it. Bailey's been bounced around like a beach ball in this lineup. If and when he gets his shot with those two, I don't see him giving it up. Believe in the BAILS.

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
Why are you so sure that Bailey will 'just' put up points? Is that what Okposo is doing? KO was put in a position to succeed and ran with it. Bailey's been bounced around like a beach ball in this lineup. If and when he gets his shot with those two, I don't see him giving it up. Believe in the BAILS.

We all want and the franchise needs Bailey to step up and become a consistent top 6 forward.

Bailey has given me zero reason to believe he can play a solid 82 game season in the top 6. He has been an inconsistent average to mediocre 3rd line player for his entire career.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
If they don't get a winger when they trade Vanek. The best of the bunch right now to play with JT and Okposo is Frans Nielsen. If you notice, I think 1 of the reason the Vanek/JT/Okposo line was clicking. All 3, passed real well and looked for each other. I think Nielson can do the same. Don't move Brock from center, he is starting to click there. I don't think he's a winger. We are not making playoffs, call up Strome and leave him in lineup on the 3rd line (Regular shift, without the immediate pressure to score).

Nielson- Tavares - Okposo
Grabner - Nelson - Clutterbuck (line is working)
Bailey - Strome - (Winger from trade) - I'd really like to trade Bailey somehow
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald (Boulton)

simbo042

Apr 24, 2013
Newcastle, UK
It has to be Bailey. Proven chemistry with Okposo. Small sample size, but produced well with Tavares. The position he's had the most success in has been LW. The 'need' to get him going, to either have him start earning his contract or to up his offseason trade value. Both could be accomplished with a 20+ game stint on the Tavares-Okposo line.

Nelson has been too good at center, and it appears as if he's being groomed for that 2C spot. Don't see him being moved. Strome could be a fit, but I think he'd be a better fit with Nelson. At least for the time being.

Bailey is the obvious choice, IMO.

As much as I agree with other posters reservations, I keep coming back to Blinkman's position.

Assuming we get no suitable roster player back from the Vanek trade, putting Bailey up top seems to be the best response. Bailey needs a "s*** or get off the pot" moment from our coaching staff and the end of a losing season may be the best time to do it. If he doesn't perform, pencil him in for line 3/4 duty next season and move on.

I want to see Nelson stay at centre even though he looked good with JT and Okposo. Both him and Strome need a chance to develop in that position so an informed decision can be made about the future structure of line 2.

Last edited:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
If they don't get a winger when they trade Vanek. The best of the bunch right now to play with JT and Okposo is Frans Nielsen. If you notice, I think 1 of the reason the Vanek/JT/Okposo line was clicking. All 3, passed real well and looked for each other. I think Nielson can do the same. Don't move Brock from center, he is starting to click there. I don't think he's a winger. We are not making playoffs, call up Strome and leave him in lineup on the 3rd line (Regular shift, without the immediate pressure to score).

Nielson- Tavares - Okposo
Grabner - Nelson - Clutterbuck (line is working)
Bailey - Strome - (Winger from trade) - I'd really like to trade Bailey somehow
Martin - Cizikas - McDonald (Boulton)

Yup...Have been saying this for over a year...not only in this thread, but others as well. Nielsen can top 90 points on JT's line. I believe he is the guy that can make this line "consistent" with his 2-way play ad getting games back on track....and if he has a bad day, the other guys can bump him up as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad