Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I mean, wouldn’t you be on the phone with these guys’ reps at this point trying to sell them on reporting to Windsor?

And if you could, just take them with the next available picks. Both 1st round talents

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I mean, wouldn’t you be on the phone with these guys’ reps at this point trying to sell them on reporting to Windsor?

And if you could, just take them with the next available picks. Both 1st round talents
I think if you didn't attempt to get them interested you are doing a disservice to the team and fans. Nothing to lose asking.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I could see an early flyer this round. You already have 3 that should play why not roll the dice…

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Bowler made a step forward tonight.
Lots of work still to do.
Not time to get lazy now...

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I thought the rule was roster 4 16yr olds but can only dress 3?

If Brackenhurst reports, I'm sure he would be guaranteed a starting spot. Lasalle going to be thrilled next year for youngsters lol
Kids out of the us can't be sent to JrB so not sure how the rule works when he was playing in Nova Scotia?

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Hopefully the possible home runs by Bowler with his first 5 picks will translate to a fantastic head coach. Any coach looking at our 06's and now 08's add in 07 Nesbitt and Manzo should be thrilled with the young quality players. All this and import draft ahead. Rainy days appear to have clear skies ahead.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Goodness, this Brocklehurst had 158 points in 58 games?! Youngest player in the draft, and he's reporting? Wow. Is there a catch here?

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hopefully the possible home runs by Bowler with his first 5 picks will translate to a fantastic head coach. Any coach looking at our 06's and now 08's add in 07 Nesbitt and Manzo should be thrilled with the young quality players. All this and import draft ahead. Rainy days appear to have clear skies ahead.
Agree with pretty much everything you wrote on,a couple of intriguing selections especially Lemieux and Brockelhurst,it appears on the surface Bowler took advantage of having the most picks 5 in the 1st 3 rounds then all the other teams in the league, then back at it tomorrow with 10 picks remaining,will probably pick goalie or 2 tomorrow, obviously didn't see the goalie need tonight,maybe he has a fix on a U18 goalie and with Windsor picking 1st in that draft take a goalie,in the 1st 2 rounds so that u can pick 3 players.
Looking forward to tomorrow hopefully more intriguing selections.
So far so good imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad